• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Does the patch for online play affect combining potions? i

JCSahyan

Jul 7, 2005
New York, USA
Does the patch for online play affect combining potions?

My girlfriend and I have been sharing her computer - and her Diablo 2 Expansion - while my machine is down, but we are looking forward to playing together, now that I've a new machine coming in a couple of days. Out of curiosity, she booted the game and clicked onto Battlenet (though we'll likely be playing IP/TCP). When she did, it automatically downloaded a patch. Now the program won't let her use the Cube to mix Health and Mana potions into Regeneration potions. Is this something the patch affects? We fervently hope not, but there doesn't seem to be any other obvious explanation.
Anybody else encounter this? Is it a glitch, or, for some reason, is it intended? (Or has it nothing to do with the patch at all; in which case...does anybody have any notion what *is* going on?)
Thanks much, indeed.

MickRaider

Banned
Aug 3, 2005
JCSahyan said:
When she did, it automatically downloaded a patch. Now the program won't let her use the Cube to mix Health and Mana potions into Regeneration potions.
The formula changed, it's now 3 health + 3 mana +1 chipped gems for a rejuv potion and 3 health +3 mana +normal gem for a full rejuv.

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
MickRaider said:
The formula changed, it's now 3 health + 3 mana +1 chipped gems for a rejuv potion and 3 health +3 mana +normal gem for a full rejuv.

The reason for that is that you can now shop for mana pots online. Anyways, the new patch is very different from the old, and I would advise getting it on your comp as well.