• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Does Static cause Frenzy lock?

Sep 28, 2004
Oregon
Does Static cause Frenzy lock?

I am starting my first Barb on this new ladder and am following Ash's guide to a Frenzy barb. I am hoping to get a Crescent Moon as one of my weapons soon but I have heard that some items that have % to cast on them cause Frenzy lock when the spell goes off because of the casting delay. I just wanted to know if static is one of these spells before I bust my *** trying to get a Um rune for it.

While we're on the subject do all spells cause Frenzy lock or is it certain ones?

Jul 29, 2003
Visit site
look up the skills on arreat summit to see if it will affect you. any skill with a casting delay, such as firestorm on phoenix, will mess up frenzy. anything that doesnt have a delay, such are curses, is fine.

firestorm on the torch does not cause a delay and is cool looking to boot. it also does decent damage.

frozen orb is a skill on a lot of weapons which will cause problems, so avoid it.