• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Died 12 times since reset.

rev129

Nov 17, 2003
All Over
Died 12 times since reset.

Well, yesterday my lev 58 Trapper bite the big one. R.I.P. Becasue I'm an idiot. I just sat there frozen, trying to compute what happen. Once I finally realized what happen, I went ot the fridge, grabbed another beer and started up a NecroFishy. I managed to hit lev 24 in 2 short hours after finding a group. When we got to Act4 I watched 3 of them burn to their grave as Diablo proved, he was still the man in HC. Then one of those that died said this. "Well, that makes #12". OMFG, this cat had died 12 times since the re-set. I would have allready thrown my computer out the window had I died 12 times. Oh well, I just needed to get that off my chest about my Trapper.

Oxy

Jun 22, 2003
Montreal, Canada
Visit site
:[ sucks man. People are dying left and right, not by their fault.

So far I've seen Dahk, Sip, Tooie, Bat, Milk and Gogo bite it. :[

I fear I'm next. They were all like lvl 60-70. Sip was 79 :[

Jun 26, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Oxy said:
:[ sucks man. People are dying left and right, not by their fault.

So far I've seen Dahk, Sip, Tooie, Bat, Milk and Gogo bite it. :[

I fear I'm next. They were all like lvl 60-70. Sip was 79 :[
don't forget me !!!! ^______________________________^

BatTheMan

Aug 2, 2005
montreal
Valar-Wrath said:
It's probably because they don't have MH anymore.
I don't MH... melee assassins just don't do that well got killed by some FE in act 4 NM lost a ward shield :(. I'm back on top now with my 46 melee assassins once again :thumbsup: . I'd rather die early now than when I get some decent gear. Everybody dies at some point so don't come making bold acusation without proof. :mad:

EDIT: I feel slightly responsible for SIP's death. sorry

STINGER

Jun 23, 2003
Dead Center, Hell
www.clanteb.com
See, with all these deaths and MH being shut down I will have a couple months to decide on wether I want to run the ladder. Now if Blizz would just stop TPPK instead of the smaller MH problem I would play!

Sip

Banned
Dec 21, 2003
da slumz
I died because my comp froze when me and some other assasin were doing hell eldrich. I waited for 5 seconds and then turned off my computer. When i logged back on i was a dead man. I My shadow master and the other assasin couldnt hold them off long enough before i died :rolleyes:

thats past now I've already releveled an assasin and im only a handful of levels from where i was and about 50 positions lower on the ladder.

ShockTactics

Aug 8, 2005
West Lothian
www.alldumb.com
damn, that sucks man, I've died 3 times so far, once at act 5 (level 33 paladin), the other two times were just plain stupidity in act 1 normal ^^. But I personally think it makes it interesting that one minute, there is someone leading the ladder by a level or two, then all of a sudden...dead and someone else is in first :D

STINGER

Jun 23, 2003
Dead Center, Hell
www.clanteb.com
Actually the interesting part is wading thru the masses of dead idiots moving up towards the top.

Without all the "standard game features" (well most of them think that is what they are) like MH, Chicken...etc the bulk of those people out in front will die!

The smart guy is running NM Baal until lvl 80 solo getting a ton of stuff then he will move on to Andy and exploite her til she screams and then he will move on!

You learn alot about ladders and how the end up when you start a few months late and still hit Top 10 in your class. People die, burn out, sell accts, get banned...etc.

BatTheMan

Aug 2, 2005
montreal
Yes I am really happy how things are going right now. Only thing is the constant occasional lag spikes. I've heard about this TPPK thing what is it exactly? Can anybody explain to me? Is it when someone makes a TP and intentionaly draw a mob of enemies next to the tp and says the tp is safe, so when people enter they die instant or almost?

BatTheMan

Aug 2, 2005
montreal
My rule #2 is to always have at least 1 line of purple juice and at least full rejuv
whenever there's like big lag or something spam yout purple juice line and esc save exit

Stimm

Jun 30, 2003
Member Acoma Warriors
Visit site
Valar-Wrath said:
I was joking.

Actually Id attribute 95% of the deaths so far to people not having chicken save them. I was refreshing my 1.10 accts yesterday and there was a guy in a chat channel complaining that he couldnt use chicken anymore and couldnt get pass act 1. After doing some major leveling last season I found that to find someone who didnt use chicken was like seeing Santa in July

Valar-Wrath

Jun 9, 2004
*Valar-hc on ehcl
Stimm said:
Actually Id attribute 95% of the deaths so far to people not having chicken save them. I was refreshing my 1.10 accts yesterday and there was a guy in a chat channel complaining that he couldnt use chicken anymore and couldnt get pass act 1. After doing some major leveling last season I found that to find someone who didnt use chicken was like seeing Santa in July

Well, I think he got mad because he thought I had accused him of using it. When someone had said a bunch of people from these forums had died already, I joked saying that they didn't have their MH to save them. He took me seriously(which you should never, ever do) and got offended. :(

But yes, I know, pretty much all of the deaths to the bnet population, excluding these forums, is from lack of MH/chicken.