• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.
Apr 25, 2018
Hi there.
Long term fan and player of diablo (one of my first games post-PS1)

I have made this account to ask for help in locating a sound file.

I have d2sfx.mpq open infront of me as I type. I am searching for the sound clip of the Town Portal being opened.
There is over 2000 sound effects and they are numbered, so, after searching through maybe 300 with no luck, i thought i might try my chances here.

Does anyone happen to know which sound clip i am looking for? perhaps a better way of searching them? can anyone access the game code and see what sound file plays when the portal is opened? a link to a download would be superb.

I Will have that sound as my message alert! (current ring tone is @stay a while and [email protected] on repeat)

Also, the gem/ring drop sound and the horadric cube sound are on my list if anyone has access.

Thank you for reading!

--- The most important thing is to find out what the most important thing is

fmulder

Oct 1, 2010
Australia
Welcome to the forum!
d2sfx.mpq is the correct archive and I believe the sounds you are looking for are:

data\global\sfx\Skill\Misc\portalcast.wav
data\global\sfx\Item\gem.wav
data\global\sfx\Item\Ring.wav
data\global\sfx\Cursor\convertREADY.wav (Not 100% sure about this one)

These sound files can be extracted using the following mpq editor:
http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html

Have fun!

drmalawi

Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
I have all the sound files already extracted on my PC, send me a PM and I can send the ones you need via regular e-mail