• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

CS/LFury Zon Vs Ubers

What weapon for my PvM Zealot?

• Grief PB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BotD Ba

• other

• Total voters

nightaswz

Jun 27, 2003
CS/LFury Zon Vs Ubers

Would CS/LFury zons be of any use vs the ubers? I have read how they slaughtered dclone in a few seconds. What chance will they have killing the uber three? Thanks and be sure to vote!

triple_ultima

Jun 23, 2003
nightaswz said:
Would CS/LFury zons be of any use vs the ubers? I have read how they slaughtered dclone in a few seconds. What chance will they have killing the uber three? Thanks and be sure to vote!

I would guess that it wouldn't be very useful considering how much lightning resist Mephisto has. Not to mention that many of the minions down there are also Lightning immune.

garion

Apr 8, 2005
San Francisco
nightaswz said:

mephy has massive res (and a killer conviction)...maybe if you could keep an infinity merc alive?...dunno..i can try with mine sometime...

XZON

Feb 27, 2004
i was maybe thinking something crazy.

infiniti CA on me
CoH
5-5 faceted Perfect Kiras
ravenfrost
dwarf star or wisp
verdungos
maras
tearhaunch greaves or treks
magic +3 jav 20% ias gloves
19,17 zon torch
19,18 annihilus
5 x java GC's (2 w/ life)
4 x 15 res all GC's (2 w/ life)
10 x 20 life sc's

switch maybe a wand with lower resist charges or etheral titans and spirit but probably cta with spirit.

level 37 CS (after battle command) should give 10 bolts I believe for about 4,400 or so damage per (with +5 from facet) = 44,000 per hit.

should be about -140 to enemy light resist. i think my life would be about 2k pre battle orders, 25% dr, 40% chance of crushing blow, and resists would be stacked about 100%. With high dodge and avoide i probably will not miss the shield too much. The real questions are exactly what are the light resist/absorbs of the ubers and can I kill them quickly enough to survive on potions without life tap.

i got just about everything except the maras, gloves and a facet for the kiras but i really would like to know if anyone thinks this will work before put this all together and level the zon. any comments more than welcome.

(was not trying to hijack post. i just think your standard CS/LF will not be able to do any damage to the ubers because their resists are so high)

commandercool

Apr 10, 2004
NY
maybe you can get a friend that has a high lvl conviction or lower resist? im yet to fight the ubers yet so i dont have much advice to offer.

Freezing Rain

May 25, 2005
XZON said:
i was maybe thinking something crazy.

infiniti CA on me
CoH
5-5 faceted Perfect Kiras
ravenfrost
dwarf star or wisp
verdungos
maras
tearhaunch greaves or treks
magic +3 jav 20% ias gloves
19,17 zon torch
19,18 annihilus
5 x java GC's (2 w/ life)
4 x 15 res all GC's (2 w/ life)
10 x 20 life sc's

switch maybe a wand with lower resist charges or etheral titans and spirit but probably cta with spirit.

level 37 CS (after battle command) should give 10 bolts I believe for about 4,400 or so damage per (with +5 from facet) = 44,000 per hit.

should be about -140 to enemy light resist. i think my life would be about 2k pre battle orders, 25% dr, 40% chance of crushing blow, and resists would be stacked about 100%. With high dodge and avoide i probably will not miss the shield too much. The real questions are exactly what are the light resist/absorbs of the ubers and can I kill them quickly enough to survive on potions without life tap.

i got just about everything except the maras, gloves and a facet for the kiras but i really would like to know if anyone thinks this will work before put this all together and level the zon. any comments more than welcome.

(was not trying to hijack post. i just think your standard CS/LF will not be able to do any damage to the ubers because their resists are so high)

I beleive you are better off putting the infinity on merc and using a 20/-20 Monarch, since titans will help you out more.

GkT

Banned
Jul 30, 2005
Gogo Smiter! Much cheaper and most likely more effective x10243207230523

</3

XZON

Feb 27, 2004
Kireiray said:
I beleive you are better off putting the infinity on merc and using a 20/-20 Monarch, since titans will help you out more.

merc die in 5 seconds. that's the whole reason i tried to figure out a way to use myself.

smiter will always be better. just wanted to be different.