• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Crafting caster amulets

xyzthorakzyx

May 15, 2005
sweden
Crafting caster amulets

If I gamble for the amulet and then craft it, what is the minimum lvl required to have a chance to get all stats, and maximum amount of stats all the time?

Superhal

Jul 5, 2003
Visit site
it's slightly different, but the way i do it is see the random stats on the craft recipie you want, and then see what is the max affix that a rare amulet can get in that stat. it's not perfect, but it gives me a pretty good idea.

i believe d2data.net has the exact rolls for crafts, but just eyeballing it off of arreats is good enough for me.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/crafteditems.shtml
This should cover your first question.
iLvl 71+ = 100% chance at 4 random magical affixes, plus the set crafted item properties.

Your second question: AFAIK, all random affixes will be just that. Random. It's all luck whether you'll get 3% mana steal or +30 strength. This is why it usually takes many tries to make a useful or valuable crafted item. Just make sure that the magical base item has been found in a level 71+ area or has been gambled with a cLvl 75+ character* so that you will always be sure to get 4 affixes.

*from AS, "The items generated for the Gamble stock are +5 Levels/-4 levels of your character's level with a minimum level of 5"

RTB

Jun 21, 2003
Dimension of Numbers
conorprince said:
*from AS, "The items generated for the Gamble stock are +5 Levels/-4 levels of your character's level with a minimum level of 5"

-5/+4 actually. The AS gambling page has so many errors that it's just pathetic for a Blizzard website.

xyzthorakzyx

May 15, 2005
sweden
Ah what I was looking after was this: +2 to a class skill(90). Is this the highest in the game?

What this means in that case is that the amu can spawn with 5 lvl lower. So assume a lvl 92 char, gamble lvl 87 amu. Crafted item will be (92+87)/2 = 89. So this means I actually have to be lvl 93 to get all possible stats 100% of the time? Gaah, that's high indeed, hmm, I guess the chance is just 10% to gamble for a -5 lvl amu though so it might be enough with 92...