• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Could a Fire-only sorceress complete the single player game at all?

Iuris

Nov 19, 2003
Slovenija
Visit site
Could a Fire-only sorceress complete the single player game at all?

I've been wondering: would a focused fire-only sorceress be able to complete the hell game at all? If I remember correctly, some monsters that have to be killed (Council, Minions of destructions) are fire immune, so how to get past them?

Day

Jun 16, 2004
There is always your Merc to do physical damge - or if you are worried about the few fire and physical immunes take an act 2 Holy freeze to give a third type of damage or a Reapers toll on your Merc with decripfy for most physical immunes.

So yes with some care/thought and you want the extra cha llange.

lonnie913

Sep 25, 2003
Visit site
with careful strategy and hard work, a lot of builds can comlete single player hell. anyone remember mongojerry? he did it with a firewall barbarian, and a pacifist necromancer :lol:

Iuris

Nov 19, 2003
Slovenija
Visit site
I guess I'll have to try to simply lead the immune minions of Bhaal away.

Or go for a meteorb, my lightning-orb sorceress can lend her the +3 cold +3cold mastery orb and nightwing's veil. The lightning sorceress only has one point in cold mastery, but she works like a charm...

Superhal

Jul 5, 2003
Visit site
fire is the hardest because there are more fire immunes than other types. lister's pack, for example and colenzo are always fire immune.

but, having a decent merc with a single tree sorc is all you need. you have to learn how to split groups with terrain features and tp, and your merc can kill any of the quest immunes one on one.

Keldon Hero

Aug 2, 2005
United States
I am playing a pure fire sorc on ladder and i got to tell u i think it is impossible to solo the game without godly gear. My merc is okay bonehew and the like but he gets destroyed in hell even act 4 nm is a nightmare literaly. Without playing insanely tweaked or with freind help. I'm sure u can do it but it is so far from easy or even reasnable. now i can mf great in hell and i own when playing with my freinds but if i try to go even into late act 1 hell alone i gt iviserated. I even use a lower resist wand to break immunes but that is so far from effective it makes u want to scream.

chubbypuppy

Dec 2, 2003
Remember to help your merc along with static (1 pt wonder), and TK to knock back and stun the monster he's fighting. Don't let him get swamped with monsters either.