• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

convic zealer

kutrumbo

Aug 2, 2005
CT
convic zealer

is a zealer using conviction viable in hell with a really high elemental damage weapon like gimmershred?

Sep 3, 2004
hello, welcome to the forums...

if this conviction/zealer combo would work, id say you'd have to make a dreamadin (if you have dream helm/shield available).

otherwise... not so sure it can handle hell...

CJ :clap:

Rane-

Apr 23, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Im making one now on the new ladder. Seeing as though I can't afford Doom/Dragon/Dream there, I'm having to build him the old school way (relying on actual elemental damage bonus' from gear and charms :eek:. I'll get back to you on how effective it is in Hell when he gets there...

zapotek

Aug 6, 2005
Sweden
kutrumbo said:
is a zealer using conviction viable in hell with a really high elemental damage weapon like gimmershred?

It definately is, I had a lvl89 convictioner last hcladder with gimmershred as weapon who functioned very well. The items I used was: Gimmer/herald/guilleums or andy visage can't remember/guardian angel/gorerider/highlords/draculs/ravenfrost/nosferatus coil. The merc was a holy freeze one. I used this charachter for UberD killing whihc he was very good at. I might very well remake him this ladder if I find some of the items listed.
By the way, today what would be the best weapon for a convictioner? I played mine at the start of the former ladder and I remember my end game dream weapon choice was a famine weapon. Still one of the best choices? Anyone knows?

Rane-

Apr 23, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Until I get rich again I'm gonna be going with Kings Grace until I get and Azurewrath/Djinn Slayer. I'm a strong believer in the 4fps Zeal, (it's also a lost easier to get a 4fps Zeal with low damage than a 5fps Zeal with the insane damage needed to outrace it.) That said my end game weapon would never include Famine. I will most likely either;

- Stick with Azurewrath/Djinn Slayer
- Grab dual Dreams and Use Cresent Moon Phase
- Grab a HoJ and a Dragon or two.

Really I think Azurewrath on main with Djinn on switch (or vice versa) should take care of anything in Hell, whilst allowing me a lot of space in my gear for CB/IAS/Res/DR/Dmg.

Epsilon Eyez

Feb 17, 2005
Cally Fahnia
awesome.atspace.org
Build works well, since it takes off enemy resists, thus lowering concentration on AR. This in effect frees up slots in ring and ammy that would usually be reserved for Angelics. Besides that, smacking down baddies while they emit green lights has got to be enough redemption for the build.

Plus, ideal weapons aren't hard to find anyway. Gimmershreds and Baranar's Stars aren't too hard to find, and one can trade them for cheap.

But the ideal route is to go with godly runewords like HoJ and Dream.

kutrumbo

Aug 2, 2005
CT
a new idea i thought of is putting a point in vengeance and perhaps using a harmony bow, will this do enough damage in conjunction with conviction to be viable, and what pal attack skill is best combined with a bow

Nov 6, 2003
kutrumbo said:

The build was popularized by Nikodemis_222 back in 1.09. Yes it works and Gimmershreds are great to use. Famine is nice as well but very pricey. Go for a good mix of elemental and phys dmg ie) goreriders, highlords, duress, tiamats, hellmouth, lava gouts, tgods etc etc. It's fun and very party friendly as well.

Your only major worry is the usual IM issues, but dont forget you can throw gimmers ;)

Basic build looked like this: 20 sacr, 20 conviction, 20 zeal, 20 Hs and the rest up to you. Good luck :)