• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Connection interrupted after changing acts

Jun 28, 2003
South Carolina
Visit site
Connection interrupted after changing acts

It seems that since the 1.11 patch went live, every time my character beats an act, right after i skip the cinematic.... i get connection interrupted. A few other people i know (Like... ash for example) have the same problem. Anyone know a way to remedy it?

-Gohan

zVp

Jul 5, 2005
Canada
From what I've encounted, it happens when you "idle" too long while watching the cinematic. My brother complains that he always gets disconnected when he watches the cinematics after beating the ending bosses.

Orphan

May 23, 2004
When you say "connection interrupted", does this mean your just booted from bnet, but still in D2?

The reason I ask, is because I've heard of similar situations (jumping between acts) that result in a Unhandled Exception, that crashes D2 completely, but it doesn't sound your like getting this, right?

Jun 28, 2003
South Carolina
Visit site
I finish the act... skip the cinematic... it says "Connection has been interrupted" and i get kicked out to the chat room i was in before the game.

I don't wait for the cinematic... have never bothered watching them after the first time, cept the last one of course ( Tyrael is SO hoss in that cinematic! )

-gohan

I kept getting that and thought it was because I was not skipping the cinematics >_<

Question, though, since I got to thinking about it today: when I beat normal, will I be able to see the "You will henceforth be known as Slayer SteveMartinFan" (or whatever it says...haven't seen it in forever) or will I get C/I'd before that?

atrusunbound

Jan 4, 2005
i've had that problem in 1.10, but i use diablo 2 in window mode most of the time so the movie dosn't play and it skips right to the next act, no problems at all