• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Connection between CD-key and accounts

carnivore

Aug 2, 2005
bremen, germany
Connection between CD-key and accounts

hi all,
my first post, so be nice to me.

i restarted playing D2X a couple of weeks before the reset. personally i dont see any point in playing non-ladder, because if i play, i want it all and it just feels good when the best players and worst cheaters arent so far on top of oneself ;) .

however the reset came on a point where i was just reaching out of the "i feel poor" state and i dont want to see my invested time and efforts going to waste. i decided that i will give most/all of my stuff away to someone who would appreciate and need it. the easiest way of doing this would to give the accounts to someone and here comes my question:
as far as i know accs are tied to the key under which they were originally created. but how far does this go?
to be more specific: if the new play uses something that leads to a ban or "hack" *cough*, will this affect me and my keys or will it affect him as he is the last who played this chars?

in case of the latter, i would only give away the items of course, although it would neither reflect the full "work" i put in this game nor wouldnt it be equally satisfying for me.

thanks in advance for any answer (and if something i wrote didnt make sense, please take my apologies, im a bit out of practice writing in english and im quite exhausted right now).

Thorgrim

Oct 30, 2003
Ohio
www.HighPSI.org
Blizzard logs every key an account is logged in with. Whatever key is being used with the account when it's initiating a hack or anything of the like, that's the key that's affected. So by selling an account, or giving away an account, and if the person who got it from you decides to cheat and gets caught, you won't get in trouble.

carnivore

Aug 2, 2005
bremen, germany
thanks for the answer. now i only need some people (1 to 3) who would like to have my accs. i would prefer someone who is active on these forums or (more likely) someone who is known by some statuated member of these forums.

the outcome you are going to get if you take my acs wont be this great due to the overall playing time. its all about "my personal real work". all items are found by myself, i never tradet and never accepted any gift over a few k of gold or a very low standard item (like a 160def rare armor in act 3 normal).

my accs in short details (Euro, former 1.10 ladder) :

Volcano God:
lvl 85 hammerdin, lvl 57 polearm/whirlwind barb/lvl 20 wannabe-java/rest mules

Tsunami God:
46 hydra-sorc, 52 bonemancer, 52 winddruid and the rest mules

Taifun God:
81 ice-orb/some lightning sorc, 74 trap assa, 72 bowazon, 22 2-sword barb and the rest mules

the mules contain a lot of junk, but still its more of giving away my playtime than on giving away godly items. however, i will add the equipment of my bear-druid and my melee (not poison) summonmancer to two of the three candidates.

nothing is for free... ill give them away on some conditions:
first: i want a legit, hard-working, do-it-yourself player (anyone else wont appreciate it anyways)
second: dont use my chars as mules or item-givers (at least not in short term), they are equiped and skilled as it seemed necessary to play and not following optimized guides, so play, please.
third: whoever gets my summonmancer's gear, please rebuild the char (its the same acc as my ladder chars, so its not to give away), its completely inferior to usual builds, but its cool anyway;. .

and again: its nothing of "real value", i know that. but its a good (re)start anyway.
i know the char-levels dont seem to be impressive, but it was alll done within 5-6 weeks: 2 80+, 4 around seventy (with the skelemancer and the bear-druid that will only lose their equipment), 4 around lvl 50 and 3 in the early making plus some mules.

- i might consider giving all to the same person, if someone trustable will speak for him.
- if the topic changed too much, please move my post and take my apologies.
- if someone is interested, contact me (im playing as Carnivore2k4 or Carnivore2k5 at the moment).