• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Commands

essojay

Jun 26, 2004
NH
"/fps" gives quantitative data on how much you're lagging. It's useful in MP games.

Crispyknight

Jul 6, 2003
Is the /soundchaosdebug command still active? I used to turn that one on, real quiet and freak out my wife at night.

SeDnA

Dec 16, 2004
Singapore
/nopickup sucks. Imagine this:

You kill a pack of monsters and forgot to press alt before walking away. You see nothing since /nopickup is on.

You kill a pack of monsters and forgot to press alt before walking away. However your mouse moved over a "jah rune" and a "ber rune" simultaneously(sp?), you're enigma'd.

Nevertheless, the probability of such things happening is so low that it can be neglected. Thus, what I have just typed is just like a miracle. Sorry, I'm bored.

lone_wolf

Jun 25, 2003
sweden
if you want more info then /fps give you use /framerate instead. Note that it might be a bit hum hard to play with that command active due to all the text.

jrlafrance

Nov 29, 2004
California, USA
SeDnA said:

You kill a pack of monsters and forgot to press alt before walking away. You see nothing since /nopickup is on.

You kill a pack of monsters and forgot to press alt before walking away. However your mouse moved over a "jah rune" and a "ber rune" simultaneously(sp?), you're enigma'd.

Nevertheless, the probability of such things happening is so low that it can be neglected. Thus, what I have just typed is just like a miracle. Sorry, I'm bored.
Dude, if you forget to press alt after you kill a pack of monsters...I don't know what to say about that, other than that's your problem! RRM would save you alot of "what if's" also!

ron

Sep 28, 2004
Kentucky
SeDnA said:

While the situation you mention is a little outrageous, twice that I can think of off the top of my head, I have found mysterious items in my inventory. One was a unique ring, and the other was a Sol rune just a few days ago. The ring turned out to be a ravenfrost. I Didn't see it drop, and I usually hold down the Alt key VERY often.

Noodle

Jul 18, 2003
Noodle Compound
ron said:
While the situation you mention is a little outrageous, twice that I can think of off the top of my head, I have found mysterious items in my inventory. One was a unique ring, and the other was a Sol rune just a few days ago. The ring turned out to be a ravenfrost. I Didn't see it drop, and I usually hold down the Alt key VERY often.

LOL. The Inventory Elves generally don't pay me a visit unless I spent the night playing with my good buddy Jack. Daniels, that is.

- Noodle

lone_wolf

Jun 25, 2003
sweden
SeDnA said:

Who forgets to press alt when things drops:eek: its like a part of you damnit:)

<--- is to used to press alt to even think about it

ohh and i much prefer /nopickup then having my chars run right into a boss pack to pic up that oohh so important mana pot:rolleyes:

YMMV though