• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Combination of characters in order to go thru the game ifr

Raulis

Aug 10, 2005
Vilnius
Combination of characters in order to go thru the game

Me and my friend decided to try to go thru the hole game and we need some suggestions on character combination.
What two character could make a great team in order to get thru the game?We decided to make sorc that would use blizzard and firewall + necro who would use bone prison and wall and lower resist.
If you have some suggestions for us, pls give us some..:)

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
Use Skeletons instead of walls. :)

This gives you a "wall" that actually does damage on its own, it actively pursues monsters, and it doesn't block your progress.

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
And it also kills for you. Skeles are an active wall of death.

Edit: By the way, skeles alone are enough to solo all modes, with or without items. Of course, if there is a caster there, s/he will benefit from the safety that your necro provides, and doesn't have to run around.

Raulis

Aug 10, 2005
Vilnius
But skeletons require corpses..there aren't many corpses near diablo or baal;)
Bone prison or wall doesn't need corpses, so I guess it's better.

Blascid

Jan 7, 2005
Raulis said:
Me and my friend decided to try to go thru the hole game and we need some suggestions on character combination.
What two character could make a great team in order to get thru the game?We decided to make sorc that would use blizzard and firewall + necro who would use bone prison and wall and lower resist.
If you have some suggestions for us, pls give us some..:)

If you deside to go with Lower Resist for the Sorc. you may want to take advantage of it as well, go into the Poison side of the Poison and Bone tree. Just a thought-

Edit: Whatever you deside to go with, have it be at least a little engaging, you may get bored simply putting up walls, and LRing all over the place without any actual killing power yourself.

Raulis

Aug 10, 2005
Vilnius
Our idea is that, necro will stop enemies with prison or wall, curse lower resist and let sorc do its job,which is, kill monsters with firewall or blizzard.Walls or prisons will make it safer to play and it will be much more easier for sorc to cast her spells on enemies that are trapped and don't move..:)

Raulis

Aug 10, 2005
Vilnius
And what I wanna know is...which character combination might work and get us thru the hole game. Sorc + necro is our suggestion, maybe you have something different to suggest?

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
Any character can solo the whole game, and most can do it without good gear. Besides, your skeles are so tough that it usually doesn't matter for the bosses. Norm Diablo might cause a few problems in that you might have to resummon once or twice. Once you get past that, skeles are very hard to stop. In a average fight against hell diablo, I lose about 1 or 2 skeles only, and have to resummon clay once or twice. (somehow, he is always being targetted) Remember to decripfy the bosses. :thumbsup: Note that I don't have those godly gears that people mention as ideal in the guides.

I would say skele necro + any caster is a good choice. Of course, this might not apply if you are trying to do uber trist. :lol:

Edit: Just killed norm D myself using a skele necro for new ladder. lvl 25 and still kicking. The +3 skele wand that I shopped for worked like a charm.

Raulis

Aug 10, 2005
Vilnius
It's hard for me to believe that skeletons work in hell...they have ****ty dmg,defence and not so much life..how can they not die against hell diablo???
and how can they kill diablo? they usually die against diablo's fire nova and necro is left with nothing:)

TopHatCat64

Jul 8, 2004
The SPF
Raulis said:
It's hard for me to believe that skeletons work in hell...they have ****ty dmg,defence and not so much life..how can they not die against hell diablo???
and how can they kill diablo? they usually die against diablo's fire nova and necro is left with nothing:)

You must not play many necros...

All you need is lots of +skills. Amp damage and CE steamsrolls normal monsters quite easily, decrepify and clay golem slows down bosses to the point of a non-threat.

It gets even better if you give your might merc an Infinity, then the skellies, merc, AND your sorc friend hit harder.

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
You don't need that many +skills, something like +6~8 would be enough. You don't really need that infinity neither, but it does make your skeles into killing machines. If you can afford it, then go for it, but if you can't your skeles still kill very decently for you.

Edit: Oh, did I forgot to mention that this build is the bane for hell ancients? They die so fast if your merc has crushing blow. You don't have to do pretty much anything other than the occasional decripfy.

psych

Aug 17, 2003
Utrecht, NL; *rvl or *aod_rvl
Visit site
If your friend is playing a sorc, maybe you should think about doing a zeal + elemental dmg + conviction pala. Gimmershred should be very cheap to come by and you don't need the same type of items so playing together will be enjoyable, as the "fighter" items go to the pala and "caster" items to the sorc.

bladesyz

Jul 8, 2005
Bloodraven's Tomb
Raulis said:

I used to have the exact same problem in single player.

Now I know better.

Max out your Raise Skeleton and Skeleton Mastery first. Get 20 points in each. Then, with a couple of +skill items, such as +3 summon amulet, wands, and helms, which are all easily gambled, your skeletons can reach level 30 easily, and that makes them nigh invincible against bosses.

Another thing to remember is to use the clay golem. Just point 1 point in clay, golem master, and summon resist. They slow down bosses, and combined with decrepify, can neutralize most bosses.

For more information, take a look at the guides here.