• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Classic Bone Necro - supporting skills

Taft12

Oct 30, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Classic Bone Necro - supporting skills

I'd like to make a bone necro on the new ladder and while I'm going to put it off until I have some better items for him, I'd like to know what skills work well outside the poison & bone tree. My goal is to be hell-viable and besides 40 into spear and spirit, where are the skill points best spent?

I don't see myself needing Lower Resist, but Attract is handy for a non-summoner and Decrepify is always nice, so there's 6 points in curses. I may want to invest some in Corpse Explosion but if I get up to level 80ish there is still quite a few left over. Are the other bone synergies worth investing in? What about a golem or (barf) revive. I've never had a high level fire golem, can he survive in hell? Thanks!

mhl12

Jul 3, 2004
USA
take a look at my guide in my sig.

bone necros are kinda hard to solo hell with so make sure you join a party. I would suggest a point in iron maiden and decrepify. Corpse explosion is always helpful as well. I would not go for fire golem. It's a waste of skill points. Even if you max it out, it will deal very little damage.

Taft12

Oct 30, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Well that was an easy response for you to make :) Thanks a lot mhl12. I never even thought heavy investment in Prison and Wall. I thought a high-life golem could create clusters around himself which would allow easy cursing/CE/spearing. Attract accomplishes the same thing. Thanks for the response

mhl12

Jul 3, 2004
USA
Taft12 said:
Well that was an easy response for you to make :) Thanks a lot mhl12. I never even thought heavy investment in Prison and Wall. I thought a high-life golem could create clusters around himself which would allow easy cursing/CE/spearing. Attract accomplishes the same thing. Thanks for the response

definitely max bone wall and bone prison as they are synergies for bone spirit/bone spear. They are also useful for bosses (bone prison) and large packs of enemies (bone wall).

Zodijackyl

Oct 4, 2004
pure bone is plenty of fun :)
if you aim to be pvm only, add to corpse explosion in addition to bone spirit/spear/wall/prison