• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Charged strike question

chubbypuppy

Dec 2, 2003
Charged strike question

OK, Ive read several places how Charged Strike is a great single monster killer since the bolts can all hit the monster. I've been playing with it and it *seems* like from certain angles more bolts will hit the monster, whereas from other angles it kind of just flow around the monster.

Is this true or am I seeing things? What's the best way to use CS so almost all of the bolts will hit the single monster? I assume the size of the monster makes a difference, yes?

Thanks for info.

reyla

Aug 2, 2005
Japan
Yes

No pun intended but yes, size matters. Venom Lords, Corpse Spitters, and act 1 Brutes are about the smallest monsters that will get hit by all bolts. Just tank them straight on. Use it on all bosses, including minis like Radament. Also use it for "small packs" of around 5-9 monsters as Lightning Fury (If that is your build) is mana expensive and better for large 10+ packs.

Mursilis

Aug 2, 2005
Chestnut Hill, MA USA
Just finished Normal with CS as my main weapon. You'd be suprised on the amount of monsters in all acts that are large enough to absorb all the charges. For those that aren't, well more often than not they are pack hunters so even though some charges miss your target, they will hit his friends behind him.

One noted exception I found were Oblivion Knights (of course). But at least with low physical damage when they Iron Madien you it doesn't really affect your play at all.

To be honest I havn't found a "perfect" angle to hit a monster from, but then again I haven't been paying attention to that. I'm not sure there is one, and as Reyla said, it is only the size that counts for how many charges hit the monster, angle may not matter. Will have to test more before I can be sure of that.

chubbypuppy

Dec 2, 2003
Thanks for the info guys. It does seem like CS hits bigger guys and not smaller guys. It is a pretty good skill, and I've been able to kill monsters while the rest of the party run away. This along with the other "power" skill LF is making this character great.

Man do I miss my Titan's though. My +1 jav is just working too hard... :D And I havent made an Ancient's Pledge in YEARS, but it's doing very well actually, I actually max fire/lightning in NM, whee!