• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Character Expiration Glitch

zVp

Jul 5, 2005
Canada
Character Expiration Glitch

When I look at my characters, they all say 10 days until expiration, however, I know that some of these characters have less than 10 days, but still show 10 days. I have no clue why it's doing this but I think it may have to do with something about when they were created. I have a newly made character (just to test it out) and the expiration showed perfectly, however, the other characters I made (I totally forgot when I created them) still had 10 days left.

Aug 1, 2005
zVp said:
When I look at my characters, they all say 10 days until expiration, however, I know that some of these characters have less than 10 days, but still show 10 days. I have no clue why it's doing this but I think it may have to do with something about when they were created. I have a newly made character (just to test it out) and the expiration showed perfectly, however, the other characters I made (I totally forgot when I created them) still had 10 days left.

I noticed this w/ the barbarian I planned to use later as well. It's been at least 3 days now yet he still resides at a 10 day expiration date. No complaining here if it means not having to worry about perming. I just hope he doesn't expire despite it saying 10 days.

zVp

Jul 5, 2005
Canada
FatalAquaintance said:
I noticed this w/ the barbarian I planned to use later as well. It's been at least 3 days now yet he still resides at a 10 day expiration date. No complaining here if it means not having to worry about perming. I just hope he doesn't expire despite it saying 10 days.

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. Would pretty much suck if we lost characters this way.

Aug 1, 2005
zVp said:
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. Would pretty much suck if we lost characters this way.

very much so.. although I wouldn't care too much as far as this barb b/c I've done nothing w/ him thus far... I simply like the name I gave him and didn't want it get taken haha :lol:

Leandro

Aug 2, 2005
Brazil
Had the same stuff happening with my Necro. However, one day it was showing 9 days to expiration, then i had some decent playing time, and when i checked it again it was showing 10. I was like, what the hell?

The more you play the more it sets back your expiring time i guess?

PoisonScythe

Aug 22, 2005
Canada
cant beleive u guys dont no some of the common faqs but if u double click a character with less than 10 days or w/e itll reset to the date cuz its been active...

zVp

Jul 5, 2005
Canada
PoisonScythe said:
cant beleive u guys dont no some of the common faqs but if u double click a character with less than 10 days or w/e itll reset to the date cuz its been active...

And if you read my post, then you would understand why I'm posting such a thread. Before you start bashing people's common sense, get your facts straight.

PoisonScythe

Aug 22, 2005
Canada
i did read ur post and it says some of ur characters kept on goin to the 10 day expireing date which is y im sayin if u use ur character in any way it resets...

zVp

Jul 5, 2005
Canada
PoisonScythe said:
i did read ur post and it says some of ur characters kept on goin to the 10 day expireing date which is y im sayin if u use ur character in any way it resets...

But what happens if you forget to use a certain character, but you think you used it to reset the expiration date, and after ten days your character is expired? That's why I posted this thread. Most, if not all, people know about the resetting method.