• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

CD-key question

mwoody

Jul 11, 2003
mwoody.com
CD-key question

Alrighty, first up, please understand that I'm not trying to scam Blizz here and play without a key. If I didn't own the game, I wouldn't have been registered on these forums for 2 years (after my previous account expired) and have a FAQ on here last updated in '00. Wait, 5 years ago? What the... WHY am I back playing this game!?

Anyway, due to an odd set of circumstances, I've ended up with two keys for the expansion, but only one key for the original. I'd like to run D2 on my second machine, as the last time I quit playing, it was because I lost a ridiculous number of awesome items when the server crashed while I was logging back in with my mule; no more drop-log-grab transfer for mwoody.

My question: does B.net care about the original key if you're playing expansion? Or have I actually got to go buy the original game a second time to pull this off?

tremak

Jul 3, 2003
Visit site
I had two LoD disks and one set of Classic disks.... and it wouldn't let me play. I think you may very well need two complete sets in order to get on.

mwoody

Jul 11, 2003
mwoody.com
Blast. Ah, well. Maybe it's time to start calling old gamer friends and asking them to go CD diving in their old collections. :D

Thanks for the quick replies, though.

MauJ

Jun 9, 2005
UsEast SCL
mwoody said:
Blast. Ah, well. Maybe it's time to start calling old gamer friends and asking them to go CD diving in their old collections. :D

Thanks for the quick replies, though.

That's what I did when I came back, Furious messaging to old retired D2 players for old cd keys :) I lost my cases but still had the disks.

Iz-GOod

Jun 22, 2003
Montreal, QC
I've seen a D2C/D2X combo for sale new 20$CAN at a Toys-R-Us. You could always get that and try to sell the extra D2X copy. It would probably end up costing you 10$US or something.

Of course, if you can find a friend who doesn't play anymore, that's even better.