• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Can't get Durance 2 WP

DudSpud

Aug 27, 2004
Can't get Durance 2 WP

OK, so I got all the WPs from lower Kurast on, put the beat-down on NM Mephisto last night, greyed the quest windows, and went to A4. Which is where I showed up this afternoon to get going. But I had such a good time whoopin' up on Mephy and the WP is in the room right next to the stairs to lvl3... So I figured I would just hop on down and spank his bottom and send him to bed with no supper.

When I went to wp from A4 town to Durance2, it wasn't available. Hmm. Maybe I didn't really get it. So I figured the Council must have been misbehaving too, so I wp to Travincal, pound the council once more, run to the WP clearly visible on my map, but the torches wont light.

Restart, repeat, ditto. Any thoughts? Oh, I am SP, SC v1.11 no rushing, no maphack of any kind.

Thanks in advance,
DudSpud

Aug 1, 2005
DudSpud said:
OK, so I got all the WPs from lower Kurast on, put the beat-down on NM Mephisto last night, greyed the quest windows, and went to A4. Which is where I showed up this afternoon to get going. But I had such a good time whoopin' up on Mephy and the WP is in the room right next to the stairs to lvl3... So I figured I would just hop on down and spank his bottom and send him to bed with no supper.

When I went to wp from A4 town to Durance2, it wasn't available. Hmm. Maybe I didn't really get it. So I figured the Council must have been misbehaving too, so I wp to Travincal, pound the council once more, run to the WP clearly visible on my map, but the torches wont light.

Restart, repeat, ditto. Any thoughts? Oh, I am SP, SC v1.11 no rushing, no maphack of any kind.

Thanks in advance,
DudSpud

I may be misunderstanding you but I think I gotcha... my friend and I (separate occasions) had a similiar problem with Sewers Level 2 wp. After running through the first level and finding the wp, we were not able to get it. I couldn't hover over it or anything and it wouldn't light up. I don't know how to solve it or what the cause is, just thought I'd let you know ur not the only one. :D

DudSpud

Aug 27, 2004
Well, thanks for letting me know I am not the only one. I play SP, so the map is the same every time I play, so long as I don't change levels, and this map is perfect - the WP is literally 20 steps from the stairs to lvl 3.

However, after restarting a couple of times (continuing on in A4 and coming back to A3 just to see) I was finally able to get the WP. Wierd, I guess it is something to do with the loading of the area, because I wasn't able to get the WP, but went down to Mephy from Trav WP anyhow. I had to rush back up stairs to TP home because of a nasty mod boss pack along with the first council just outside the first room. Anyway, when I come back through the TP, I was finally able to light the torches and activate the WP.

Curious, no?

DudSpud

Aug 1, 2005
DudSpud said:
Well, thanks for letting me know I am not the only one. I play SP, so the map is the same every time I play, so long as I don't change levels, and this map is perfect - the WP is literally 20 steps from the stairs to lvl 3.

However, after restarting a couple of times (continuing on in A4 and coming back to A3 just to see) I was finally able to get the WP. Wierd, I guess it is something to do with the loading of the area, because I wasn't able to get the WP, but went down to Mephy from Trav WP anyhow. I had to rush back up stairs to TP home because of a nasty mod boss pack along with the first council just outside the first room. Anyway, when I come back through the TP, I was finally able to light the torches and activate the WP.

Curious, no?

DudSpud

Hmmm... tis very interesting hehe.. well I guess the good news is u got the wp.. single player eh? Ah yes.. I usually play the game fully through single player first and then move on to multiplayer as to not spoil the game for myself through rushes and such. Did you install the full version? Like so that you can watch the cinematics?? They are incredible eh?

Evrae Altana

Aug 13, 2005
Rubby Ducky
Sometimes I get the problem myself. What I do is walk away from the WP until the WP is a bit offscreen, then I wait a bit then return to the WP. Usually that works, at least for me anyways.

Necrochild313

Jun 24, 2003
Sex: Age:
Visit site
I've gotten this is just about every patch to date :(. This is a pretty common problem, next time I think about it i'll rejoin the game and try to go to the wp in question with a character who has it :D