• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Can't Decide : Poison or Lightning

Jul 27, 2005
Can't Decide : Poison or Lightning

Well, once my 30 day cd key maphack ban is up on battle.net :D, I hope to make a godly character that can own people in a duel, but all kill Hell bosses with ease. I'm in too much mourn of the loss of my lvl 80 light sorc who owned and had decent gear (shako, tal ammy, occy were top items), so I can't make another sorc. I want to go a totally different route, so I'm choosing an amazon.

Now, I've read that poison + guided arrows + slow missiles do good in PvP, so I like the sound of that. But can they hold up well in Hell, or would a lightning zon do much better there?

Thanks.

P.S. In my much free time, I'm experimenting PvM single player with a bowazon and a javazon. For the javazon, will jab be powerful if I max it out, or should I just put all my points into lightning and it's synergies?

Evrae Altana

Aug 13, 2005
Rubby Ducky
I'd go with the standard Lightning javazon. They are good in duels and kill bosses with ease with Charged Strike. Poison Zon sounds fun but I can't comment on that since I never made one.

P.S. In my much free time, I'm experimenting PvM single player with a bowazon and a javazon. For the javazon, will jab be powerful if I max it out, or should I just put all my points into lightning and it's synergies?
If you're going for a pure lightning javazon, I'd just put points into the synergies in order to maximize lightning damage. Otherwise, if you're going for more for a balance between lightning and physical damage, a few points in jab couldn't hurt.

Jul 27, 2005
What does, say a lvl 27 charged strike do dmg wise? I think I read like 1.3k or something like that.

My old light sorc did 10k (not that much at all), and she couldn't really kill any Hell bosses.

Evrae Altana

Aug 13, 2005
Rubby Ducky
I don't know what kind of damage a level 27, fully synergized charged strike would do, but I know that you won't have trouble killing bosses with it. Pretty much most of the bolts hit a big target (ie. a boss) and each bolt does the listed damage resulting in some pretty impressive boss killing speed.

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
Nov 2, 2003
Chicago
PortraitofTracy said:
Well, once my 30 day cd key maphack ban is up on battle.net :D,...

Is that really something you want to be bragging about around here?

foh pally

Aug 5, 2004
If you want just a pure pvm char then go ahead and make a lightzon, if pvm and pvp make a poison/bowazon, You can play pvm easily with your bow and the insane poison damage from plaque/poison jav Helps out alot. plus with this build you can still max out all the bow skills you need. I got a lvl 82 thats in act5 hell and she is still ownin the game, As for pvp, Only reason i like this build for pvp is that it can't be absrob, cause even with me, all i do is slap on tgods and most light zons go down easily. Mine does 84k poison over 20 sec and has a 3.2k guided. And before anyone says anything about takin antidotes in pvp i've only ever had one pally that was smart enough to do that so.....

amphrosyne

Jul 20, 2005
lightning is more spammable while poison ahs the annoying timers. a hybrid in pvp would lose bo unless you make a cta bow.

foh pally

Aug 5, 2004
amphrosyne said:
lightning is more spammable while poison ahs the annoying timers. a hybrid in pvp would lose bo unless you make a cta bow.
Does every char ppl make have to have a cta for bow? My zon does fine with the 1k hp she has. As for lightnin being more spammable it is also more absorbable and like i said i don't like makin chars that can be easily negated, besides most ppl see javazon and try to tank you cause they think their slick with havin tgods/wisps on. They do that the plague jav don't miss, if they run you spam guideds untill they come to you.