• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Can Dc Clone spawn in Nightmare ?

Pent

Jun 22, 2003
www.skiguy.net
someone claimed he could, in this nm baal game I was in, I say, No, No he can't.
because its awfully suspecious that blizzard puts stats up for diablo clone in hell, but nothing for nightmare or normal, thats just my 2cents

Stormie

Jun 23, 2003
frozenmagic said:
i was playing a nm game at ladder..and dc showed..and he dropped a charm
According to the MPQs he should have a 20% chance of dropping it in Nightmare, and none in Normal. But if he doesn't - he should drop like normal Diablo, but with all items uniques (if they can be, of course). I have no idea if this is how it actually works on b.net, though.

Zkin

Jun 21, 2003
Sweden.
Visit site
okay. that answers my questions.

heres another one.

theres alot of Ani´s out (i traded one yesterday cuz i got tired of waiting to find a soj)

Are sojs necessary for him to spawn ?

one person in the trade section says he scans the ip of games to know what game he can appear in. - How does he do that ? (and why can blizzard stop that.)

breez

Nov 15, 2003
Finland
Visit site
Zkin said:
Are sojs necessary for him to spawn ?

one person in the trade section says he scans the ip of games to know what game he can appear in. - How does he do that ? (and why can blizzard stop that.)

I'm not sure if sojs are necessary, but they do help a lot.

Scanning the ip which you are connected is easy and legit and it cannot be stopped by any means. It's just normal TCP/IP traffic. For example in windows OS's you can run netstat command which gives you info on TCP/IP connections to your computer. Each game in Bnet has random ip of a certain range (ip starting from 213.xxx.xxx.### at port 4000, ### is the number to look at). When UD spawns in IP xyz game, it spawns in all games having that IP (HC, SC, ladder, no ladder, no matter). Soj counter is of course universal within same IP's. Sojs are usually sold in SC no-ladder games (where people have those old duped sojs).

warlock_666

Jul 16, 2003
that would explain why i went into a ladder game and the soj counter said 3127 stones of jordan sold to vendors!

Zkin

Jun 21, 2003
Sweden.
Visit site
breez said:
I'm not sure if sojs are necessary, but they do help a lot.

Scanning the ip which you are connected is easy and legit and it cannot be stopped by any means. It's just normal TCP/IP traffic. For example in windows OS's you can run netstat command which gives you info on TCP/IP connections to your computer. Each game in Bnet has random ip of a certain range (ip starting from 213.xxx.xxx.### at port 4000, ### is the number to look at). When UD spawns in IP xyz game, it spawns in all games having that IP (HC, SC, ladder, no ladder, no matter). Soj counter is of course universal within same IP's. Sojs are usually sold in SC no-ladder games (where people have those old duped sojs).

ok.. sounds really tricky..