• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Can 4fpa zeal be slowed by cold damage?

Diab

Jun 22, 2003
Visit site
Can 4fpa zeal be slowed by cold damage?

I remember that cold damage has no slowing effect on wolf druids attacking at 4 FPA, but is that only with wolf druids, or does that work with Zeal too?

Diab

Jun 22, 2003
Visit site
I know it slows Zeal, but even if you're going at a speed of 4 FPA? It seems rather illogical that a wolf druid going at the same speed is not slowed, but this is.

RTB

Jun 21, 2003
Dimension of Numbers
If you don't have Cannot Be Frozen then getting chilled means -50% EIAS for all classes, including Werewolves. Those just tend to have more SIAS than any other class thanks to the skill, making chill less effective on them.

Diab

Jun 22, 2003
Visit site
RTB said:
If you don't have Cannot Be Frozen then getting chilled means -50% EIAS for all classes, including Werewolves. Those just tend to have more SIAS than any other class thanks to the skill, making chill less effective on them.

I see, thanks.

Would it be possible to completely counter the chilling effect if you have an extra 50% EIAS, on top of the EIAS required for the speed breakpoint?

sizgar

Aug 21, 2003
europe *ralasom
Visit site
not sure if my reply helps you

me didnt know that chill effect slows you by 50 % but if it does by 50 % that means your base weapon speed is going up by 50 eg :

phase blade has -30 base speed when you get slowed by 50 % that means your weapon (phase blade in this case ) now is +20 base speed weapon so u need to recalculate required IAS to stay in 4 FPA (still using fana)

cant remember numbers now but if 1.10 and 1.11 didnt change it it works this way as I pointed out

pala vs pala team duels in 1.09 I remember that I had to use ed/60 ias armor to stay in 4 FPA with my scourge when someone used Holy Freez aura (slows targed by 3x-4x %)

BTW if you are new to paladins :) Holy Freez slows you anyway no matter if you wear CFB mod

regs

Diab

Jun 22, 2003
Visit site
Oh, so the slowdown is based on the base weapon speed. I see, thanks.

I just haven't played in a long time, so I can't quite remember a few things. Paladins were my favorite character class before.

I'm planning out some equipment that I'll need for my new Dreamer. I was thinking of either a Beast Caduceus, or a 4-Shael/2-Eth Phase Blade. With the Beast, I would need a 15%IAS jewel somewhere to hit 4FPA, and the only place I could get that would be a 1-socket CoA (don't want to pay for a 2-socket one). But then I'll have to use a Ravenfrost for CBF, instead of a Cham in the CoA, replacing an Angelic ring and making me loose a lot of AR.

So I'm basically now comparing the AR of a Beast's Fanat. and the other good mods on a Beast, to two Eth runes and an angelic ring (1000+ AR). I guess I'll probably go for the latter.

Diab

Jun 22, 2003
Visit site
Hehe, that's logic right there. I'm sure Blizzard had that in mind when designing the werewolf skill. :lol:

RTB

Jun 21, 2003
Dimension of Numbers
Diabolico x64 said:
Oh, so the slowdown is based on the base weapon speed. I see, thanks.
To be exact slow% (including chill) affects the base rate for animations, which WSM and skill IAS also affect with attacks. Item IAS, after being diminished, is also added there.