• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

buriza strafe ias?

raugmoss

Aug 24, 2003
Delaware, USA - *sunshin3
buriza strafe ias?

hey guys,
i play SP and had the luck to find a buriza,
so i'm in the process of making a strafe/fury hybrid.

my question is, how much ias, if any, should i add
to hit good breakpoints and such? i've looked at a few threads
(including the sticked one) and used the weapon speed calculator,
but am still kind of confused esp. with the next delay.

it seems like 15% more on equipment would be the right amount?

also, socketing with a nef rune should be good, right?

thanks in advance!

DudSpud

Aug 27, 2004
From the Amazon Basin...

10 WSM Crossbows - Heavy Crossbow, Ballista, Colossus Crossbow
0% IAS 22/6
2% IAS 21/6
6% IAS 20/6
11% IAS 19/5
22% IAS 18/5
27% IAS 18/5b
29% IAS 17/5
32% IAS 16/5
42% IAS 16/4.5
48% IAS 15.5/4.5
50% IAS 15/4
58% IAS 15/4b
70% IAS 14/4
95% IAS 14/4b
105% IAS (14/13)/4
120% IAS 12/3.5
174% IAS 11.5/3.5
215% IAS 11/3

notes:
Some specific notes on some crossbow strafe speed grades:
XX/4.5 Strafe and xx/3.5 Strafe speeds
The 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th and 10th arrows take 1 frames longer to shoot. For example, in a 16/4.5 Strafe, the second strafe arrow takes 5 frames and the third arrow takes 4 frames.

18/5b Strafe, 14/4b Strafe
The second arrow fired in the volley takes one less frame to shoot, but the finishing animation is 1 frame longer.

15/4b Strafe
The first arrow takes one less frame to shoot, but the finishing animation takes 1 frame longer.

(14/13)/4 Strafe
The second arrow in the volley takes one frame less to shoot. The finishing animation is 14 frames long when shooting two strafe arrows.

15.5/4.5 Strafe
The finishing animation takes 1 frame longer when shooting a total of 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9 Strafe arrows.

11.5/3.5 Strafe
The finishing animation takes 1 frame longer when shooting a total of 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9 Strafe arrows.

For normal attack, including Multi:
10 WSM Crossbows - Heavy Crossbow, Ballista, Colossus Crossbow
0% IAS 22 frames
2% IAS 21 frames
6% IAS 20 frames
11% IAS 19 frames
19% IAS 18 frames
27% IAS 17 frames
37% IAS 16 frames
50% IAS 15 frames
70% IAS 14 frames
95% IAS 13 frames
138% IAS 12 frames
215% IAS 11 frames

OK, with the burrito, you have 80% IAS on board, giving you a 14/4 strafe off the bat. The first number is the delay to both start and finish the strafe cycle and the second number is the frames between each subsequent bolt. Still confuses me but my understanding is that a 14/4 strafe would take 7 frames to fire first bolt, 4 frames til the next bolt, and the 7 frames to finish the animation. Oh and 1 sec=25 frames.

So yes, 15% more gets you to the next breakpoint, but this is a very small benefit to you - your second arrow comes at frame 3 instead of 4, but the finishing animation takes one frame longer. For me, the realistic BP would seem to be 120% (so 40 more needed) for a 12/3.5 strafe cycle. 40 IAS is not hard to get, but awkward if not shaeling the weapon (Shael + 20 IAS gloves like LoH). If you have the gear to easily do this while Nef'ing the buriza, I say go for it. The KB and the Freeze and the chill would work well to keep them off of you while you are stuck in the strafe cycle.

Oh, as for the next delay - it only applies to you if you are strafing a single target. What it means is that if you shoot an arrow at a target, even if you miss (as I recall), then for the next 4 frames, that target is immune to your attacks. Search "Liessa" and "next delay" for more of an explanation, but this really only applies to you if you strafe a single target because you are either at 3/4 or 4/4 frames between bolts.

One other thing - you are going to be shooting relatively slowly, so you want to make every bolt count. Do not believe the LCS - none of the +AR bonuses from bow skills actually work, even in 1.11. So this means you are going to need to pump penetrate a little more than you might think, and you are still going to need the pierce for LF.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.
DudSpud

PS - SP LF hybrids rock.

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
Nov 2, 2003
Chicago
Thanks for posting all of that, Dud, but all of this info is stickied in this thread. There is info on next delay and a strafe ias guide. No need for raugmoss, or anyone, to search, they just have to read the stickies.

Thanks

raugmoss

Aug 24, 2003
Delaware, USA - *sunshin3
Dacar92 said:
Thanks for posting all of that, Dud, but all of this info is stickied in this thread. There is info on next delay and a strafe ias guide. No need for raugmoss, or anyone, to search, they just have to read the stickies.

Thanks

Agreed, thanks for the detailed explanation!
i did actually read both those stickied threads,
but the strafe ias guide is only for bows (and not the xbow i have).

the next delay guide was also good, except without the strafe bp's corresponding IAS requirements, i wasn't able to figure out, for example, that my bp was 14/4.

i also looked around the AB, but couldn't find what Dudspud so graciously provided.

i think i'll try for the 120% IAS, but i don't think i have a shael...
will do twitch & sander's gloves mebbe.

thanks again!

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
Nov 2, 2003
Chicago
raugmoss said:
Agreed, thanks for the detailed explanation!
i did actually read both those stickied threads,
but the strafe ias guide is only for bows (and not the xbow i have).

Oops, you're right. My bad.

I will find the xbow breakpoints and add them to the guide in the sticky.

DudSpud

Aug 27, 2004
For the CB BP's, I went to this site: Basin - Revised Strafe breakpoints. Scroll down, they are there.

Oh, and raugmoss, I am also SP. If you accept donations, drop me a line at DudSpud (at) gmail (dot) com. I have an extra shael. No buriza though...

DudSpud