• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Buddy/Ignore List

Senor Bezeer

Mar 5, 2005
Buddy/Ignore List

My question is: What is the function of your buddy list?? I know how to do it, and how to undo it, but what purpose does it serve to have people on your buddy list? What extra benefits or whatever do you get from having someone on your buddy's list? thx

Orphan

May 23, 2004
Basically it's there to let you know when they jump on, or what games they are in.

I remember back before the friends list was introduced. I kept all my friends names in a text document on desktop, and whenever I jumped on, I had to manually do a /whereis on all of them just to see who was on. How, I know when people jump on without doing anything :thumbsup:

Senor Bezeer

Mar 5, 2005
Orphan said:
Basically it's there to let you know when they jump on, or what games they are in.

I remember back before the friends list was introduced. I kept all my friends names in a text document on desktop, and whenever I jumped on, I had to manually do a /whereis on all of them just to see who was on. How, I know when people jump on without doing anything :thumbsup:

On the forums? How can I use this to see when my 'buddy's' are on? thx again.

Orphan

May 23, 2004
Oh, the forums, I thought you meant battle.net :D

Forum-wise, I've never really used it, but I guess I might be able to salvage some of what I said :lol:

It's probably used as a place store names so you don't have to remember them. Some people have some pretty wierd names, and you'll never know if they're online, unless you plan on looking at the top of every forum to see. Sort of like a centralised place.

I don't know if there's really any other benefits though.