• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Bonemancer vs. BigThree

Fro Do

Aug 1, 2005
estONIA
Bonemancer vs. BigThree

Hi,

just interested - does Bonemancer (20+ in Bone Wall, Bone Spear, Bone Prison, Bone Spirit and Teeth; 1+ in all curses) have any chance to solo those "Ãœbers" in Tristram? What do you think?

Or am I just dreaming? :p

DevilsWrath

Aug 29, 2004
you are dreaming big time. Theres no way youre gonna be able to solo with a bonemancer cause you wont have any time to shoot. If you stop teleing or whatever to shoot, you'll be surrounded by summons and get pounded to death.

Fro Do

Aug 1, 2005
estONIA
Thank you for quick response. I'm agree with you, but have an idea... maybe stupid, but... Would Bone Prison be an option? It has incredible number of hit points in hell and lets say I'm prisoning everything - myself, Meph, his minions etc. - would it hold Meph & his minions away from me and save my a**? If one BP falls I can always cast a new one. Keep in mind that I can always IM, decrepify etc. Meph & Co. Or is BP still too weak?

(PS! Never fought BigThree, that's why I'm asking...)

DevilsWrath

Aug 29, 2004
i tried the big 3 with about 50+ summons and a strong merc and 2 friends and we got out @**es handed to us. So I dont think a bp or a bonewall will help you, but I gotta give you props for using your head. I just think that the uber three are too strong for any necro to take on their own no matter what they use. The only char I believe that can solo the three is a smiter and I know cause I have done it.

You can try the bonewall/prison thing, but they're just gonna smash it fast or summon minions inside your protective barrier so I'd say its impossible to do with a bonemancer. Besides you'd be on the run so much that their healing rate would make your attacks do absolutely nothing if you weren't constantly shooting.

Fro Do

Aug 1, 2005
estONIA
Thanks again. As long as I understand it's impossible to solo Big 3 with skelemancer (or any other type of summoning necro - ÜberMeph's conviction aura) but I was hoping that BP is not affected by that. Anyway - just discovered that all 3 "übers" have 75% magic resistance and 'cause it's impossible to lower that I better forget my idea.

Must... build... smiter... :creep:

DevilsWrath

Aug 29, 2004
if youre going to use a smiter, make sure he has an exile on, preferably in an eth vortex or a shield that has a good average dmg. The lifetap on the exiles will save ur butt. Also I'd recommend an enigma so u can tele out of the crowd of monsters that will form around u when u focus on one boss. When youre done with one, tele out so the monsters follow you. Then tele on top of the next boss and start smiting, should be easy if you just focus on the three bosses and dont worry about the minions till afterwards. GL!!! :thumbsup:

Rice_Farmer3

Dec 15, 2004
DevilsWrath said:
if youre going to use a smiter, make sure he has an exile on, preferably in an eth vortex or a shield that has a good average dmg. The lifetap on the exiles will save ur butt. Also I'd recommend an enigma so u can tele out of the crowd of monsters that will form around u when u focus on one boss. When youre done with one, tele out so the monsters follow you. Then tele on top of the next boss and start smiting, should be easy if you just focus on the three bosses and dont worry about the minions till afterwards. GL!!! :thumbsup:
I read some1 soloed the uber 3 with a so-so smiter using HoZ. Of course exile would be so much better but my point is that apparently, it's doable with less than best gear. lifetap from dracs will also save your butt too. But of course, if you are rich, follow the guy i quoted.

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
All the curses are supposed to work on the minions but aren't some of the bosses magic immune? Regardless, I don't think a 1.11 bonemancer could do enough damage while maintaining enough resists to handle Uber Trist though.

semisonic9

Oct 21, 2004
Florida
Pherdnut said:
All the curses are supposed to work on the minions but aren't some of the bosses magic immune? Regardless, I don't think a 1.11 bonemancer could do enough damage while maintaining enough resists to handle Uber Trist though.

Boneprison plus the return damage curse work together, right? I've been away from the game, but the secret power of the necro was always in the curses. Too bad you can't "confuse" uber-baddy and get him working on your team for awhile. :uhhuh:

sunshine

Banned
Nov 3, 2003
Technically, I think you "could" do it with a bonemancer. The thing is it would take a very very long time and lots of potions.

Nearly fully synergized bone prison actually stays up against the ubers. I've tried it. Cast confuse on minions for crowd control and spam bone spirit against boss.

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
They regenerate health at a rate of 16,000 a second. Without a source of poison bone attacks won't even scratch them. And no. No curse, aura, or item mod other than +skills will effect bone magic damage. LR only works on the elements and amp only works on physical.

Knight Terror

Jun 23, 2005
USEast
Would a venomancer work better? Yes. You've got plenty of points to spare after beefing your primary attacks and Nova is better crowd control, which is important because not only are the brothers uber, the minions are uber too. The AI curses are extremely important for necros in ubertrist and some solid tanks (revives and cg) are nearly required.

I have a question, though. Do the minions in ubertrist retain their high hp when used for CE? It just seems like their corpses are useless for this skill.....

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Jun 24, 2003
In a cave
Visit site
Knight Terror said:
I have a question, though. Do the minions in ubertrist retain their high hp when used for CE? It just seems like their corpses are useless for this skill.....

As another thread already explained you only use their base life for CE. So the Über minions have got Über bonuses to their life which aren’t used when CE damage is calculated.

Knight Terror

Jun 23, 2005
USEast
Mad Mantis said:
As another thread already explained you only use their base life for CE. So the Über minions have got Über bonuses to their life which aren’t used when CE damage is calculated.

As I suspected... I suppose PE would be a better route to go, then... :D