• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Bone armor RW potential

kavlor

Dec 25, 2004
UK
Bone armor RW potential

If you were to synergise the cast off striking/being struck skills this to me would seem like a very powerful armor.The bone armor would give 710 DR and would probably recast before it ran out making very good defence against physical attacks.Now the bone spear part could be useful if used with Zeal(Passion RW) or Werebear(Beast RW) but the damage would have a max of 600 damage(est)and only cast on the 6th strike on average but then it will hit more than 1 enemy especially in narrow passages.

bladesyz

Jul 8, 2005
Bloodraven's Tomb
kavlor said:
If you were to synergise the cast off striking/being struck skills this to me would seem like a very powerful armor.The bone armor would give 710 DR and would probably recast before it ran out making very good defence against physical attacks.Now the bone spear part could be useful if used with Zeal(Passion RW) or Werebear(Beast RW) but the damage would have a max of 600 damage(est)and only cast on the 6th strike on average but then it will hit more than 1 enemy especially in narrow passages.

The only thing Bone has over a normal necro is 140 more hp in the armor, but it only happens 25% of the time you get hit.

In reality, it's easy to recast bone armor, and if you synergize it, you can probably keep it on all the time. Further, you probably have more than just level 1 with +skills. A fully decked out summoner Necro can easily have slvl 9 or 10 bone armor after +skills. If you go poison/bone, it can go even higher.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Jun 24, 2003
In a cave
Visit site
kavlor said:
If you were to synergise the cast off striking/being struck skills this to me would seem like a very powerful armor.

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

They killed the synergy workings. You can’t synergise that BA anymore.

kavlor

Dec 25, 2004
UK
Mad Mantis said:
Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

They killed the synergy workings. You can’t synergise that BA anymore.

I thought theyd only stopped the Synergies from charged items and
I wouldn't of thought the synergising of cast off items would be
a glitch/bug as only the specific class would benefit it.

jumbo_SHRIMP

Jun 23, 2003
it most certainly does synergize, ive got one on nl, and it synergizes, the only synergy they killed was the bugged one from charged skills (proced skills)

phelix

kavlor

Dec 25, 2004
UK
The only thing Bone has over a normal necro is 140 more hp in the armor, but it only happens 25% of the time you get hit.

Actually its 15% , Im not sure what you mean by 140 hps as it gives
mana not hp and it doesnt just give that it gives 30 all res and +2 skills
(If I got what your saying right?).

In reality, it's easy to recast bone armor, and if you synergize it, you can probably keep it on all the time. Further, you probably have more than just level 1 with +skills. A fully decked out summoner Necro can easily have slvl 9 or 10 bone armor after +skills. If you go poison/bone, it can go even higher

Ive already thought of that but when your meleeing I would of thought it
would be going down a lot faster especially if your swamped.The idea is
it casts automatically and makes it easier to concentrate on the fight.

Indemaijinj

Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
Visit site
The Bone runeword is not all bad, though I would personally prefer to use my Um's to make Crescent Moons and Duresses. The most obvious item to compare it with is probably the old favourite: Skin of the Vipermagi.

For a boneslinger Skin of the Vipermagi is obviously the better choice. Bone might have that extra skill point, but Vipermagi has that juicy FCR mod. Even worse for Bone is the fact that it has a significant chance of overriding your (synergized) Bone Armor with an utterly useless unsynergized CtC Bone Armor. Also SotV has a neat light blue colour that matches the bonespells you are slinging perfectly.

For a summoner Bone might be a bit more attractive. Apart from auras and certain ([cough]Enigma[cough]) Oskills the item mods that really help you kill are +skills and here Bone delivers, packaged nicely along with +30 resists from the Um's. The usual summoner doesn't use Bone Armor anyway so he could care less about the CtC mods.

For a Poisonmancer it will be the same situation as the Summoner. Unless, he happens to be a Daggermancer in which case Treachery or more melee oriented armors take precedence.

For Meleemancers Bone really got nothing to offer other than grief from that stupid CtC Bone Armor.

Of course stuff like Chains of Honor, Enigma and Bramble overshadows bone completely, but then again, Um's are much easier to get hold of than Ber's, Jah's and Sur's.

jumbo_SHRIMP

Jun 23, 2003
where did it say in the patch that they killed chance to cast synergy? i didnt see it anywhere actually im positive, because i made a friggen bone before the reset, and each point i put in wall and prison made it stick around longer (about 15 hp longer).

You guys are misinterpretting the following(from the patch notes):

- Items with skill-charging effects will no longer give synergy bonuses to skills when equipped on a character without those skills.

that says charges on items will no longer give synergy bonuses to skills if you dont put any points in the charged item skill, it DOES NOT say skills granted by charges are not synergized by hard points in skills (they fixed the marrowalk bug)

the best part about it, is you can put only 1 point in bone armor as a prereq, max prison and wall as synergies to your bone spells then get level 10 SYNERGIZED bone armor every time the spell goes off...it is synergized, just like the druid one is synergized by all the cyclone armor synergies, just like the ctc valk is synergized by all the valk synergies...

phelix

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Jun 24, 2003
In a cave
Visit site
jumbo_SHRIMP said:
it most certainly does synergize, ive got one on nl, and it synergizes, the only synergy they killed was the bugged one from charged skills (proced skills)

Good to know. That means that as a Necro you can still synergise Brand.

Indemaijinj

Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
Visit site
That makes Bone more generally attractive, though I would still choose Skin of the Vipermagi for Bonemancers, due to the FCR (and the looks).

And I still think Meleemancers should look into more melee-oriented armors.

Still I guess this will become the armor of choice for poison necros who cannot afford Bramble, and summoners who don't care about MF or Trang's.