• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Bloody Hell. Have I screwed myself?

tremak

Jul 3, 2003
Visit site
Bloody Hell. Have I screwed myself?

I keep my cube in my stash. I made a portal to the Furnace in a game... then the Tristram portal from the same cube... in the same place....

The Tristram portal is now stuck behind the Furnace portal. Does anyone have a trick to get into it... or should I just ditch two days of key collecting and start over?

kbrandz

Mar 12, 2005
is everything
I had the same thing happen to me Sunday night. I looked everywhere for a solution, and tried everything I could. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are probably screwed. I cannot understand why Blizzard would let something like this occur. I mean, wouldn't it just make sense to open the portals in 3 different places all the time? :bonk:

MauJ

Jun 9, 2005
UsEast SCL
tremak said:
I keep my cube in my stash. I made a portal to the Furnace in a game... then the Tristram portal from the same cube... in the same place....

The Tristram portal is now stuck behind the Furnace portal. Does anyone have a trick to get into it... or should I just ditch two days of key collecting and start over?

Next time put your cube in your inventory and open them in 3 different places...Sorry it happened to you :(

Weird though, I opened the portals 1 after the other 3 different times and each new portal would stack on top of the other...

I guess that was a lesson learned the hard way.

tremak

Jul 3, 2003
Visit site
I can even see one portal opening on top of another. Bugger.

All night... I've been on this for hours...

Meh, the game is Atse1////1 if anyone wants to stare at it.

pedu

Mar 15, 2005
Helsinki
Yes, its pretty weird why blizzard let theese things happen. I mean, 2 town portals can't be on top of another either.

Vesticle

Jan 5, 2005
PA, USA
kbrandz said:
I mean, wouldn't it just make sense to open the portals in 3 different places all the time? :bonk:

Then people would complain "Hey, how come Blizzard makes me run across town to get to the portal, and didn't just have it open where I'm standing"

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
I don't know whether they opened in *exactly* the same place, as I only have such stacking issues by accident --- opening a TP in the middle of the Cairn stones, usually :) In these cases, there is usually a pixel or two "offset" between the portals --- often takes a while of slow mouse-moving to get to the other portal.

tremak

Jul 3, 2003
Visit site
I was watching one portal open up over the other one. Every time I left and came back to Harrogath, there was a red portal open, and another one showed its opening graphic in exactly the same place.

ActVTristPwnt

Aug 2, 2005
North Carolina
My question is, you had to have thought that might happen, so why not be on the safe side and just make a new game? That's what I did for all of mine..finish one body part, ng and open new portal..

I'm not trying to rag on you though. As you can see from the thread, other people haven't thought of this either.

Pimousse

Aug 2, 2005
Beaune, France
ActVTristPwnt said:
so why not be on the safe side and just make a new game? That's what I did for all of mine..finish one body part, ng and open new portal..

QUOTE]

The point of not making a new game concerning body parts is that you are sure you won't get the same parts twice as you've already opened the other portals thus saving you some time. The best is to have the nine keys (3 of each kind) and open the three portals in different locations, says at the starting point, near the well in the middle of Harrogath and the last one near the location of nilhatak in otwn) for each body parts. Then once you have them all, create a new game and make the portal to uber Tristram.

letosan

Aug 2, 2005
Missouri
pedu said:
Yes, its pretty weird why blizzard let theese things happen. I mean, 2 town portals can't be on top of another either.

I have actually seen multiple portals on top of each other in Rogue mostly but occasionally in Lut too. Saw one for the cow level that way too.

I have seen it multiple ways too, some player-tps over each other, and some game made (shrines, quests, whathave you) and player-tps.

On think I do sometimes is move my mouse slowly over the top or bottom edge of it and occasionally they are offset just a touch. Enough so that you can get in on it by moving your mouse slowly until you hit the "aura" much like getting to your stash when there is a big hulking barbarian standing RIGHT in front of it blocking it all.

tremak

Jul 3, 2003
Visit site
I tried that. With those portals, they were probably offset a little. These were centered in the same place, same graphic. That "aura" had an identical shape for both, so the one perfectly covered the other.