• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Blizzard talks about the other 3 1.11 Runewords

Alywin

Jun 22, 2003
Hong Kong
Visit site
Blizzard talks about the other 3 1.11 Runewords

As quoted from the news page of the Arreat Summit:

August 16, 2005

3 More Rune Words? - Nebu
Some noticed that we had 10 Rune Words listed in the patch text but only released 7 on the web site. More will be revealed at some future point.

So definitely they will add in for them later. But I recall that some have said there are actually 2 more new runeword formulae built in 1.11 mpq (or whatever) file only. So will we have some final little bit of surprise for the remaining one later?

Dawnmaster

Apr 23, 2004
Belgium
Meh, I just think those 3 remaining are going to be like 1.10, suddenly they add a few ladder only runewords. Seems the most logical thing to do.

Zalcitabine

Feb 3, 2005
Montréal
Do you bet there will be one like this:

Uber tristram's Terminator
4os armors
Cham-Lo-Lo-Ber

Lvl 12-15 salvation aura when equiped (varies) :cool:
10% to max lightning resist
Cannot be frozen
Damage reduced by 8%
Monsters slowed by 20%
200-225% enhanced defence (varies)
250-275% enhanced damage vs demons (varies)
Repairs one durability in 4 sec
10% chance to say "Hasta la vista, baby" when you kill an enemy :lol:

Zalc

Arbedark

Jul 2, 2003
Redditch
Joch said:
or something like "20% chance to say "what the hell is that?" on accountering a boss." :lol: :lol:

Doesnt that happen already?

I reckon the new runewords will be teh suck. They have already given us 3 very Nice ones in the form of the Ama, Assa and Necro Armour's.

But we shall just have to wait and see.

Arb

Jek

Jul 7, 2003
Visit site
I bet it's a 4 socket armor.

Sur Um Cham Ko, with some lame stats.

However I kinda hope for a sword only runeword, hail the swords! Boo to the axes.

Aug 7, 2004
Merick said:
How about an amazon spear runeword that will finally show everyone how good they are?

yea like el-eld-ral-ort-tal in amazon only spears
+7 to all skills + 100 % IAS + 100 % MAX life + 700 % ed .
Yes they really need to make it like that to make the spearzon playable in hell.

tremak

Jul 3, 2003
Visit site
Maybe not a runeword, but I really think we need an item that turns the player into Coldworm. What cooler item could there possibly be? Just slip on your 4os Laquered Plate with its four Tal runes in, and magically transform into the most impressive monster in the game.

carrothers

Jun 22, 2005
Des Moines, Iowa
www.justan.0nyx.com
chrisbeddoes-2 said:
Yes they really need to make it like that to make the spearzon playable in hell.

EDIT: Good thing you included that it had to be amazon only.

If they even gave a passing look to a runeword like this, they'd have to make the plus skills only for amazons, and make it a runeword for ONLY matriarchal spears, etc.

If they didn't, we'd see polearm barbs come back and be played. In fact, they'd probably be waaaaayyyy too overpowered. I only like to see the couple polearm barbs that run around. On that same line of thinking, people could make wicked polearm paladins that just charge with a one shot kill. It'd be insane, that runeword would be way too good if it weren't somehow amazon only.

Maybe we'd even see polearm weredruids that'd dominate. Yuck, all this disgusts me.

Merick

Jun 22, 2003
Fractal Land, Nebraska
www.xanga.com
chrisbeddoes-2 said:

I've killed hell baal quite handily with a stoneraven thank you very much.

OhNoMatt

Dec 11, 2003
blizzard balances about as well as a one-legged retarded kid.

Sorry, I just wanted to make that observation.

I think they should make a few useful runewords that don't need high runes, so that people can get nice runewords without paying real money / duping / trading for dupes. The lower-level-rune-teleport idea was a good one, i thought. Or just get rid of Enigma for gods sake...

Frankly I think Blizzard is most at fault for how b.net and the economy seems to work nowadays... *shrug*

space_loner

May 5, 2004
Yes, but if there was no duping, which Blizz sure as hell didn't create or encourage, then the scarcity of Enigmas will tell you why smoke and lionheart are the best things that ever happened. Creating uber runewords only satisfies people out there holding on to their stashes of duped, twinked, stolen and cheated HRs, I'd prefer to see more usefulness in LL runes so that the first thing a newbie sees when playing is NOT people teleporting everywhere wearing godly gear - and realize that is the only way to live in D2, and the only way to live like that is to join the tweek crowd

ganjaman

Aug 28, 2004
UK
bestgirlsphotos.net
I agree with the guy who said a good claw runeword is needed, since at the moment Claw Martial Martists are kinda unattractive unless you can afford Eth Zod Tucs or Chaos(which i think is underpowered for the cost, compared to even good Oaths). Something like :

'Violence'
Ist+Fal+Gul

30%IAS
220-280%ED
+.5 Max dmg per char lvl
+50-300 fire damage
20% chance of crushing blow
+25% - 75% AR bonus
+10 str
repairs durabilty in 4 seconds

Even better make it so that can work in all 3 sox melee weapons so i could finally wield a godly eth Mythical Sword!

space_loner

May 5, 2004
Or

Ith Ohm Um
"Prostitution"
All sin skills become corresponding sorceress skills, synergies and skill levels alll

because obviously sins are too weak to play now, and those that deal 8k venom 20 times in one WW using chaos aren't worth the duped runes used to make the RW.

Because each update simply gives one class more power, and the disadvantaged classes scream, and they get more power, and the disadvantaged classes scream, and they get more power...

Like the jump where good damage turned from 1000 to 5000 from normal to LOD, and then to 20000 in v1.10, and then the monster life had to be boosted up accordingly, until a few years from now everyone would be doing 500000000000000000000000000000 damage per hit, still achieving the same effect they use to do with 1000 damage, just so it looks pretty.

Why is this? Because game balance is impossible when the only things people care about is godliness, the only things people exploit are bugs, and the only thing people dont have after the first three months of playing, is fun.