• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Blizzard sorc questions

Sep 3, 2004
Blizzard sorc questions

I'm currently leveling up my blizzard sorc and i know the basic build but i haven't been much of a sorc person, so, i have a few quick questions...

After maxing the obvious syns of blizz (and blizz of course), would you suggest starting to put points into CM or warmth? mana boost is nice OR the more damage/blizz, idk, any help would be great and im sure this can be easily answered, just not by me :rolleyes:

This is new ladder mf purpose, so you think the mana boost from warmth will do me good tele'ing around to meph/andy/*insert more mf spots here*/etc...

or will the damage boost be to good to pass up? sorry if this has been answered, i searched some posts and still didn't find what i was looking for..

Thanks a bunch..

CJ :clap:

Ankeli

Oct 11, 2004
Finland
Warmth is near useless, 1 point there doesnt hurt though. I always put my points in the following pattern:

first the usual prereqs and tele, static etc. etc.
throw all points untill i get bliz to ice blast
when bliz comes avail, all points there
when CM comes avail, put 5 points there
max bliz and throw that 1 needed point into ice blast
put 5 more points into cold mastery
max another synergy for bliz
put 5 more points into cold mastery (or whatever the amount you want)
start maxing the last synergy

Sep 3, 2004
hmmmk, looks good, but i would thinking leveling (a.k.a. baal/chaos) would be pretty hard to do, atleast for another few days, so wouldn't it be best to max blizz and it's syns first and then work on maxing CM because who knows what level you'll be able to get up to and i'd much rather max syns then a few here a few there and a few in CM, dontcha think?

prompt response is much appreciated by me :lol:

Leohappy

Mar 26, 2005
Slovenia
Basic skill plan is like this:
+1 teleport & prereq
+1 static
+1 warmth

Then max cold skills that way:
Blizzard -> Cold Mastery -> Ice Blast -> Glacial spike-> Ice Bolt

Of course until you get Blizzard you can add some to Icebolt and Iceblast to make it easier. Also maxed cold mastery is needed in hell difficulty only.

Superhal

Jul 5, 2003
Visit site
warmth is almost irrelevant now thanks to insight.

you shouldn't have any points left over if you fully synergize blizz.

if you are fully synergizing blizz, then levelling is relatively easy. just put points into the next most powerful synergy as it becomes available.

i would say tk, simply because nothing else will make that much of a difference with so few points. (don't waste the 3 extra points in ES and pre-reqs, just get a memory staff.)

as a clean character, you may want more points into cold mastery. the advice of only putting 5-7 points comes from the fact that you only need 27 to get the maximum effect, but you aren't going to have +22 from items on the new ladder for several months. i would say 17.

Sep 3, 2004
follow up question: is it worth getting the best type of cold armor or just stick with the first one? i alrighty put 1 pnt into the first type (i forget name) but is it worth the other 2 points to get the best one (frozen i think?)

thanks

Superhal

Jul 5, 2003
Visit site
StewieGriff_XLT said:
follow up question: is it worth getting the best type of cold armor or just stick with the first one? i alrighty put 1 pnt into the first type (i forget name) but is it worth the other 2 points to get the best one (frozen i think?)

thanks

frozen vs shiver:
frozen freezes, shiver chills. frozen works on hit, shiver works on attack. shiver is marginally better than frozen, but not worth 1 extra point. the best is to get a memory staff with either one on it.