• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Blizz sorc points question

blinky

Nov 2, 2003
Blizz sorc points question

lvl 83 now got 10 points and about 6 left with quests, CM is at 17 with+skills maxed blizz and Spike, should i put the rest of the points into Cm or ice bolt and such, i do ancient tunnles easily and meph runs often though he drops like nothing useful ,maybey eventualy follow on baal runs and kill him , should i put rest points into CM or max another synergy which seems to add 30-60 dmg. only have +2 skills so far +3 fror meph u sing moat trick. he does seem to take a while in like 8 ppl games, will CM speed that up?

Harleyquin

Apr 12, 2005
As your build sounds like a pure blizzard one, try putting points into the synergy since other skills won't have the power required for the investment. Alternatively put the points into static field.

lonnie913

Sep 25, 2003
Visit site
actually against mephisto, cold mastery rules. max cold mastery helps a lot against mephisto b/c of his high cold resistance.

ByteMeHard

Jun 11, 2005
Detroit
Synergy

I'd use the synergy all the way. 17 should be plenty for CM once you start finding some nice +skill items, and diminishing returns apply when it comes to the masteries, so in all honest I've found that past 15 really isn't necessary. You'll be doin much more damage with synergies. And keep tryin Meph Hell runs, he can and eventually will drop ANYTHING in the game. I've had him drop all items from the Tal's Set, and Soj's, Mara's, Occy, Shako, and some other real nice stuff. Just look to build your MF usin some simple stuff that you can survive with to begin with, like an upgraded goldwrap, chance guards, and some nagelrings.

Painman

Jun 22, 2003
Massachusetts
Visit site
Hell Meph can NOT drop everything in the game. TC78 is the max, ie. Arkaine's and Eaglehorn. He cannot drop Tal's armor. He cannot drop WF, he cannot drop Steelrend, CoA, Schaefers, or anything TC81 or higher. No offense, I just don't want people to go killing him over and over wondering why he never, ever drops green lacquered plate or what-have-you.

Melbourne

Jul 18, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Having lvled my ladder blizz sorc to 85 I have found that a fully maxed CM is a godsend against baal and meph especially. A blizz sorc is never going to be a super fast killer in areas such as the pits or forgotten tower because of the immunes. Therefore i'd say try maxing CM because baal has 50% cold res and meph has 75%. With your +skills you'll be suprised how quickly they fall.