• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Best Sorc Armour

thorsa

Jul 7, 2005
Best Sorc Armour

Just a bit of advice i am going to build a new orb/static sorceress.

Which of the unique armours do u think is best to wear

my problem is that i like the +1 skills in silk but do you think better
to wear diffrent armour due to high str requirement and maybe these extra points would be better in vit.

Thanks in advance

mhl12

Jul 3, 2004
USA
Go for twichthroe or blinkbats. You need that FHR. Silks only give you plus one skill (which is nothing is classic) and have way too high strenght requirements.

mhl12

Jul 3, 2004
USA
true but both have their ups and downs.

While blinkbats has higher FHR, Twitch has the much needed +10 to strength and higher defense.

mhl12

Jul 3, 2004
USA
a little too high strength requirements. And it's not that good for a sorc. 10% faster run/walk won't do any good because you'll be teleporting.

And the rest just gives you cold resists which is not the best for a unique armor.

Don't think that defense is the most important thing in classic. Since their are no elite/exceptional unique items, you have to rely more on life. THat's why you should only have minimum points in strength and everything else in vitality.

thorsa

Jul 7, 2005
mhl12 said:
a little too high strength requirements. And it's not that good for a sorc. 10% faster run/walk won't do any good because you'll be teleporting.

And the rest just gives you cold resists which is not the best for a unique armor.

Don't think that defense is the most important thing in classic. Since their are no elite/exceptional unique items, you have to rely more on life. THat's why you should only have minimum points in strength and everything else in vitality.
What about the cannot be frozen? i thought this was a must on sorceress

mhl12

Jul 3, 2004
USA
it's something good to have but I don't think it's a "must" for sorcs..

Even if it was a "must," I'm still not gonna sacrifice the stuff on a good armor for just one mod.

Murrogh

Apr 18, 2005
WI, Useast ladder
mhl12 said:
it's something good to have but I don't think it's a "must" for sorcs..

Even if it was a "must," I'm still not gonna sacrifice the stuff on a good armor for just one mod.

I would have to agree that hawkmail would be best unique sorc armor.
BUT... only if you have really good rest of gear. if you already have good fhr and stacked cr and a shield with decent block. but twitchthroe is probobly a better "noob" sorc armor.

Jun 9, 2005
Eastern South Dakota
Depends on Use

Obviously increased block isn't going to help too much in a sorc v sorc duel. The hawkmail is a terrible armor if you want to PvM. Even on a char like Necro or amazon, where they have to run everywhere.. (pally has charge) I'd never put on hawkmail as a means to get "cannot be frozen". It's just NOT worth the investment and loss of hps/resis/fhr/def/ etc... that a rare or unique could give.

Twitch is a GREAT armor. For a sorc, 20stats = 40 hps. It also has Faster hit recovery, A must for sorc to some degree, and Increased block/faster block Helps a lot, Until you find a 30/20 shield... and even then, twitch isn't a bad armor. It's always the armor I start off using in restart... heck my lvl 90 paladin is still using twitch.

Goldskins are OK. I've never used them on a char due to the high str require. But, if you can't get your resists anywhere else, use them. Try combining skins with a Ward shield. the +10 str helps. and ward has OK block too.

Personally, twitch, maybe goldskins, are the ONLY unique armors I'd recomend using. but .... mainly twitch. It just can't be beat.

weep

May 18, 2005
the t.
i have to disagree with doug, well depending on playing style.. i like to get up close and tank as much as possible on sor and if you are the same way and wear twitch, without a ton of fhr you will get in shield lock and just get beaten around by a mob of monsters.. and gskin is just too much str investment