• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

best PvM char?

Nyris

Jul 26, 2005
over there :points:
best PvM char?

i was wondering what the best pvm character is for classic d2. everywhare i look its like "alright you need the charms and botd this and that with these runes and etherial junk...."

why is it so hard to find some good classic build guides these days?

anyway i wanted to know what some of you thought were some really good PvM builds. i kinda like my WW barb but i find him lacking in power i.e. (me) WW,WW,WW,WW,WW=dead boss (sorc same lvl) [spell]=dead boss

so im thinking like anything but an amazon.

Everyones like "ya im only doin 4-5k dmg." im embarassed to say my max is 800-some. did i just not grab the concept of makeing a good char or do i just think im bad or something cause i got a lvl 63 barb with 21 ww and mace and my max is 800+ per hit with an avg-good bsnap.

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
Nov 2, 2003
Chicago
What do you mean, no amazon?!? :D

Did you check out the build guides at the top of this forum?

belladonna

Jun 27, 2005
canada
dindindindindind's i mean ya they pwn both pvp and pvm :p. hammerdins = d2 classic sorry but its true. 13k non resist dam + very low str req gear + 1k ish life + desynch( i know its bad but its so nasty :p ) = one super charged char ready to reap death upon one very unsuspecting member. remember u did ask for the best.

fredsta54

Nov 7, 2003
New Jersey
Hammerdins are very good at pvm, but i find that barbs kill faster in most places other than the chaos sanctuary.

Zons are very versatile, but they are not that powerful in classic. Not to say that they arent viable and fun.

Sorcs are amazing, orb and blizzard are easy to make and effective, fireball sorcs are pretty good at andy running and pvp, you will find that 120 fcr chain light sorcs kill the fastest out of all 3 elements, but they are fragile and they run out of mana quickly. (since you cant wear sojs or frosties and mantain 120 fcr(bp is 117 for light//cl), and 80 fcr for lightning//cl is slow at killing and you get overrun quickly)

of course if you plan on soloing hell and playing by yourself then you will have to make a dual tree sorc, which is the most versatile out of them all.

Novelty characters such as zealots, lance jabbers, strafezons, etc. can be a lot of fun and manage their way through hell without 2 much trouble, but when it comes down to it, your gonna have to kill quickly if you ever want to reach lvl 85+. Of course leaching off cs runs is viable, but boring, i dont think you should call yourself lvl 90 if you didnt make any of the kills, a hammerdin did.

Fred

Arctickhan

Dec 10, 2004
Turkey
in classic lightning zons are fun but remember there's a old pal;power zealots...but my opinion is;start with a frenzy-WW barb...if you dont like pure WW just charge the frenzy then WW that's it.it will dramatically changes your opinions...

OkHello

Jul 20, 2005
Netherlands
belladonna said:
dindindindindind's i mean ya they pwn both pvp and pvm :p. hammerdins = d2 classic sorry but its true. 13k non resist dam + very low str req gear + 1k ish life + desynch( i know its bad but its so nasty :p ) = one super charged char ready to reap death upon one very unsuspecting member. remember u did ask for the best.

Don't say that too loud, I'm at Maggot Lair now and there is no way in hell I'll ever get to level 3.

fredsta54

Nov 7, 2003
New Jersey
OkHello said:
Don't say that too loud, I'm at Maggot Lair now and there is no way in hell I'll ever get to level 3.

Its true, hammerdins suck in places like maggot lair. Fortunately everywhere else they are powerhouses. If you wanted to solo all of hell with no help you shoulda made a more versatile char :thumbsup:

Hammerdins are godly, their attack is incredibly high damaging, they cant handle all situations tho.

Fred