• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Best PvM bar

Hans_Superman

Banned
Jan 20, 2005
New Zealand
Best PvM bar

Since the new ladder started i have had a new found interest in Diablo again. I noticed i haven't made much barbarians before and was wondering what is the best barbarian build at PvM. Since the ladder season is new i don't have any items so i want a barbarian build that could get through 8 player hell.

Evrae Altana

Aug 13, 2005
Rubby Ducky
I would recomment a WW barb. Pretty straightforward to make. A WW barb using IK set can handle it pretty well in Hell, and all the pieces of the set is easy to find (except for the armor).

Hans_Superman

Banned
Jan 20, 2005
New Zealand
Cool thanks.

I was reading the frenzy guide and I must say they sound pretty impressive. But is the frenzy better than the WW when it comes to doing PvM/act5hell solo.

Ce Olba

Banned
Apr 15, 2005
Hans_Superman said:
Cool thanks.

I was reading the frenzy guide and I must say they sound pretty impressive. But is the frenzy better than the WW when it comes to doing PvM/act5hell solo.

I've played an IK barb, and he has 75 all resistances in Hell. And he has no problems solo'ing act5, the only problem areas were Worldstone chambers and late act5 area's. And as far as i can see, a Frenzy barb cant have full resistances in hell, if not using ums in sockets and +resistance charms and extra points in nat res, which are all a waste. So i suggest an IK ww barb. Imo it's the best PvM barb. but a botd+stormshield ww barb could do better, but as it's not possible in the new ladder, i suggest WW IK barb.

rikstaker

Jun 8, 2004
Toronto
if cost is no problem,A ww barb with botd great poleaxe/giant thresher rules.looks really scary & hits real hard.10k dmg is easy,more with fort & high str.

Rik

MoonUnit

Jul 21, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
Ce Olba said:
I've played an IK barb, and he has 75 all resistances in Hell. And he has no problems solo'ing act5, the only problem areas were Worldstone chambers and late act5 area's. And as far as i can see, a Frenzy barb cant have full resistances in hell, if not using ums in sockets and +resistance charms and extra points in nat res, which are all a waste. So i suggest an IK ww barb. Imo it's the best PvM barb. but a botd+stormshield ww barb could do better, but as it's not possible in the new ladder, i suggest WW IK barb.

Sorry if this is OT but frenzy barb CAN have maxed res in hell. Example:
Coh: 65
Metalgrid: 30
Arreats: 30
Anya: 30
Nat res @ lvl 3 : 28
Hell reduction: -100
Total res in hell: 83

Expensive gear but it can be done.

Back on topic...I would say ik ww or conc barb. Easy to build and a pretty good tank.

Omikron8

Jun 28, 2003
BoTD ethereal great poleaxe
steelrends
tgods
highlords
2x raven
ED jewel arreat's
enigma/fortitude
war travs
max damage/life charms

merc with