• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Best ladder forge rushing char?

Praesidian

Nov 17, 2003
Best ladder forge rushing char?

Been playing my meteorb all weekend, got her to 75, but became stuck for the entire day in a2 hell. After dying what felt like 100 times in a2, i decided enough was enough. I'm going to need a new char.

I need something that can:
1) Not need at all good gear (for example, i have a spirit sword, insight and some other crap that i can use/trade)
2) Rush safely (speed is sort of a factor, but safety is the main goal) through norm, nm, and a4 hell... forge rusher yayayayayayay.
3) Be able to run the chaos sanctuary (what chars are the best for this typically? I have an idea for this area, so this is pretty crucial). Again, speed isnt the #1 goal, though i would like it to be pretty quick. The main thing is that the char can -do- it.

My meteorb is just too fragile even with insight merc and spirit sword. I was thinking hammerdin, but that needs good gear, and probably would get worked in hell chaos sanc without shako and such. Another idea was zoo-mancer... safety at its best, but has trouble with places like maggot lair, and also probably couldnt do chaos.

Anyway, help me out if you can.

mhl12

Jul 3, 2004
USA
Try a hammerdin.

A summoning necro also works but it's a lot slower.

A cs zon would also work but you gotta watch out for light immunes.

FenrirKnight

Aug 1, 2003
Visit site
Just a little off topic here, but can someone tell me actually how you get the runes from forge when you rush someone? What's to keep the person being rushed to just take them after you spend time getting them through act 1-4?

Phyrexial

Jun 23, 2003
forums.diabloii.net
FenrirKnight said:
Just a little off topic here, but can someone tell me actually how you get the runes from forge when you rush someone? What's to keep the person being rushed to just take them after you spend time getting them through act 1-4?
There is no guarantee and most of the time they will scam you. Also, if you are getting rushed for your forge, some rushers will scam you also by leaving as soon as they get your forge and won't do act 5 or sometimes even Diablo.

Hence why forge running is generally a slow moving effort or an exercise in frustration. If you want to get rushed, I would recommend trying to get someone from here.

Speaking of which, I'm actually in need of a NM rush on East SC NL if anyone wants my forge as payment. Or I can do a rush in return, whatever is preferable.

@Praesidian: Early on, I would recommend using multiple characters to rush. I used a sorc for most parts of the game due to tele but had a Hammerdin as a backup for problem areas like Travincal and the Chaos Sanctuary. He did just fine with a Wiz Spike, Guardian Angel, HoZ, (was lucky enough to find 2 early on) and Peasant Crown.

Praesidian

Nov 17, 2003
And when you have 2 cd keys and 2 computers, you never have to worry about that :).

Any of you who remember me from the old USEAST trade forums will certainly remember the wealth that old trick generated for me back in 1.09/1.10. But ahh, its been so long since i've played this game.

mhl12 - Ya, but remember no uber gear. Not even great gear. Not even acceptable gear. Wiz spike? I dont think so. Hoz? Nope. I made a hammerdin long ago before i got my enigmas, and such, and even with pretty good gear it was still not too powerful. Now its a completely different story with the new ladder, since there's NOTHING.

Phyrexial

Jun 23, 2003
forums.diabloii.net
If you are lacking gear, MFing Hell Meph I've found works out nicely for mid gear like Wizzy and Skins. Once you've gotten basics, you can start to focus more on runes.

pyourk

Aug 2, 2005
canada
lol., isn't "rushing" really slow now? since the rushers done have mh now., lol., how long does it take?> like 2hrs?

Orphan

May 23, 2004
It's probably not what your looking for, but I've found that a barbarian is pretty damn good at surviving and mobility (with leap and leap attack). Actually, when season 3 started, I started over as a barb for my group, and I basically ran through most of the acts getting the wp's, and find the quest items (act 3), and I was never in any real danger, even on hell difficulty.

The main problem, though, is the damage. From about act 3 NM, I could never get my damage to a point where it seemed like I was actually doing something, but then again this was the first couple of days of ladder. I would imagine with items like the IK maul (or IK barb as a whole?) and either concentrate or beserk, you probably wouldn't have much problems just killing certain bosses here and there, when you need to (like Andy, summoner, etc)

Jerametrius

Aug 8, 2004
I definately would suggest a hammerdin. My hammerdin can do acts 1-3 in hell fairly easily. the only area that can be troublesome is a long tal rashas tomb.
My gear is also nothing special: Spirit sword, 44 base res spirit shield, +2 pal 10 fr/w diadem, gaurdian angel, arachnids mesh, trangs gloves, 35 fire 22 lite dual res 30 fr/w boots, 10% fcr dual res ring, 14 all res magic ring, and 10% fcr single res ammy.

with this setup and a few scattered charms i manage 60 all resist(w/ anya q's of coarse) and 7k hammers which kill anything in a 2 player game quite fast.

windwingwind

Aug 2, 2005
pyourk said:
lol., isn't "rushing" really slow now? since the rushers done have mh now., lol., how long does it take?> like 2hrs?

Map Hackers are back :( . Just played with one two nights ago.

SalivaMonster

Feb 6, 2005
Hong Kong
www.xanga.com
Here is what I do:

Palladin
Main Aura: conviction
Main Attack: zeal
Main defence: res all 85%, PDR 30%
Gear:
Weapon:Aldur (amn x 3)/Black Tyrant Club
Helm/Belt/Glove/Ammy:Iratha(65%ResAll, 10%MaxResAll)
Boot:Aldur Boot/Crushing blow Boot
Ring:Cathan/other +6%LL ring
Shield:4 pdia Akaran/spirit Akaran
Armor:upped rattlecage/shaft

In clvl 4x, you should be able to rush through nm, even defeat ancients by yourself. In hell, you need a rusher character to silver the boss for you in Act1, 3. That's how I self rush for HellForge without using 2 cd keys.