• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Best Clvl to get +1 skills GC?

abarlament

Aug 4, 2005
WV
Best Clvl to get +1 skills GC?

Hey everyone, my lvl 85 fishy rolled a +1 shadow disc. +life GC:

Mentalist's Grand Charm of Sustenance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 42
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xd3f2a52d
+29 to Life
+1 to Shadow Discipline Skills (Assassin Only)

Is my lvl 85 guy fine for rerolling +skills on GCs, or should I use a different character lvl? The charms are all lvl 85 from the Pit. Same with getting vita small charms?

Drandimere

Feb 20, 2004
abarlament said:
Is my lvl 85 guy fine for rerolling +skills on GCs, or should I use a different character lvl? The charms are all lvl 85 from the Pit. Same with getting vita small charms?

As Rzymian_Lg said, when it comes to cubing charms clvl doesn't make any difference. It is the item level of the charm that is important.

The optimum ilvl for charms is ilvl 50. That is the earliest that skillers are available. The higher you go in ilvl, the more choice the game has to select something that you don't want when you cube. So, ilvl 85 are not your best choice here.

From Kronos Charm Guide in the SP FAQ:
Ilvl 50
Here all the skillers become available. Often the best ilvl to shoot for when cubing. To get charms of ilvl 50, the optimal places to search are:

*Act 3 NM, Great Marsh
*Act 3 NM, Flayer Jungle
*Act 3 NM, Arachnid Lair
*Act 3 NM, Spider Cavern

Shagsbeard

Jul 12, 2004
Central California Coast
I usually run NM Lower Kurast, simply because even though it's a level higher than optimal, there's a lot more chests than the great marsh and such. Flayer Jungle is pretty good too, lots of monsters to drop stuff if you can slaughter them quickly.

bill_n_opus

Apr 10, 2004
GVRD baby!
Truthfully though, use any GC above item level 50 because the stats gurus (ie Thrugg ...) have stated that the difference is quite minimal for rerolling skillers.

Something like 1 in 22.6 for an ilvl 50 GC for a skiller and 1 in 23 for an ilvl 85 GC (Hell Pits for example).

What may be worth it for those retentive types is to reroll Baal/Nithy GCs as their ilvl will be high enough to potentially get the 40-45 life modifier. Good luck with that though. Both in finding a GC from Baal and the chance of rolling 40-45 life plus a desirable skill.