• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Best build for hell council and countess

shadowxc

Aug 5, 2005
Best build for hell council and countess

I am looking for runes and was wondering what relatively cheap build is best suited for taking down hell council and hell countess.

nepeta

Sep 19, 2004
The Netherlands
You'd better not run countess with a skellymancer ^^ (Unless you've got enigma and even then, you'll lose time gathering skellies -bad idea.)

The countess pack is CI, Council FI/LI... For fast countess running you'd need some kind of sorc, so I'd say: a Chain Lightning / Frozen Orb sorceress. Fast, dual damage, countess should be run at P1, so you could keep your CL damage low, thus saving points for FO, for faster council disposal.

asdfgah

Apr 11, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden
Clairly I find pure lightning sorc best taking down the countess. The build's I've tried that can do hell council without a problem are fishymancer and hammerdin.

edit: Added a . that made it easier to get my point ;)

Thirty-Thirty

Dec 16, 2004
Germany
Running the Countess and council? Pity. IIRC, the Countess is always FI/CI, so you must kill her with a lightning skill. But the council are LI/FI, so you'll have to use a combination of Lightning and Cold, so the only option would appear to be an FO/CL Sorc.

SeDnA

Dec 16, 2004
Singapore
If you have enigma, a hammerdin.
If not, Meteorb Sorc. Im sure the merc can kill the countess since there's no more FE bug in 1.11.

OCAU_MIKLE

Banned
Jan 4, 2005
SeDnA said:
Im sure the merc can kill the countess since there's no more FE bug in 1.11.
Ive been doing that and its slow as hell!. My lvl 70 ltng src kills her much faster!

- ocau_mikle

Rugruth

Jul 1, 2004
SeDnA said:
If you have enigma, a hammerdin.
If not, Meteorb Sorc. Im sure the merc can kill the countess since there's no more FE bug in 1.11.

Agree on the meteorb (nor that i dont agree on enigmadin, just too hard to get :p). Meteorb can kill easily all the monsters in the way to the countess. And the countess herself will be down with 2-3 jabs of your merc.

Oh and FE bug didn't affect merc on 1.10, only the player heh.

R.

jrlafrance

Nov 29, 2004
California, USA
You all may think I'm crazy, but my Frenzy barb can kill both easily. With faster run/walk, in the Tower, all I have to do is hit a monster and I can run very fast! Run down to Countess (she's not hard at all), gather runes! Counsel members are similar, just a little slower if there are Blood Lords around. I have no problems killing either though. I don't have uber gear either. :rolleyes:

Crudesash68

Jun 25, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Visit site
jrlafrance said:
You all may think I'm crazy, but my Frenzy barb can kill both easily. With faster run/walk, in the Tower, all I have to do is hit a monster and I can run very fast! Run down to Countess (she's not hard at all), gather runes! Counsel members are similar, just a little slower if there are Blood Lords around. I have no problems killing either though. I don't have uber gear either. :rolleyes:

Yeah, Frenzy is quick, when it is focused on a single monster; my Frenzy barb who is fairly well-heeled could do a Countess run in about 3 minutes, from town to kill; my only kills were the pack around the countess and the pack(s) in either anteroom. The neat thing about a sorc or zon is they can wipe out the pack in one or two attacks, whereas we frenziers have to get our hands dirty. :D

Steve

Aug 20, 2003
Mishawaka, IN
Visit site
If you choose a non-sorc to run the Countess, you can save some serious time if you use an item with teleport charges. Rerolling the map can also speed things up as well, especially if you can get the tower to spawn right next to the WP.

I know those were some obvious tips, but hey. :D

Happy Hunting!

Dave :teeth:

Summoned

Jul 1, 2004
Nothing can really beat a lightning sorceress when it comes to killing the countess. High fast cast (required for lightning skills, wizspike, vipermagi, magefist, lidless) lets you teleport to her in the blink of an eye. Raw damage (1-10000 lightning damage pretty easy to reach, add extremely fast cast rate to that) wipes her out faster than any mercenary can.

But why do you want to run the council? Huge piles of gold?

Edit: Never mind. You said runes. :p

Death_StrikeR

Jun 23, 2003
Philippines
I think I runned countess more than anybody did here :D

Best bet is a CL/orb sorc... mainly also for her teleport skill...
Hammerdin must be the best, to bad... he can't teleport ^_^ bleh!

In killing the countess... one must have a lvl3 LOWER RESIST wand...
and a decent level of static field... that would speed you up for sure.

And a holyfreeze merc for tanking and keeping them in position...
Then spam CL upon reaching 1/2 of the packs HP from SF.

Be sure to run her in /players 1...
since, higher players settings = lower chance of getting a rune

(I missed my 1.09 6-shaeled cho-ko-nu CL sorceress ^_^)