• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Best Beserker Weapon

Thirty-Thirty

Dec 16, 2004
Germany
Best Beserker Weapon

Ahoy,

I have read NF's HC Beserker guide (though I play SC), and saw his mention of the upgraded Steel Driver as the best end-game weapon. However, if one doesn't have the runes to upgrade, what weapon is best advised? I'd think Steel Pillar and Executioner's Justice are good candidates.

Secondly, what about the possibility of a one-handed Beserker? If viable, which weapon then? Death Cleaver?

As ever, thanks in advance,
30-30

corax

Jan 11, 2004
australia
steel pillar would be too slow. executioner's justice would work.
an un'upped ribcracker would still be very potent.
dont waste your time with a one hander

GooberGrape

Jan 24, 2004
I recommend using the once-upped Steeldriver. It pretty much rocks, and you can start using it in Normal.

Steeldriver
Martel de Fer
Two-Hand Damage: 213 to 346
Required Strength: 85
Required Level: 34

-GG

Vajar

Jul 7, 2003
If you're going one-handed, Death's Cleaver rules. Does better damage than a one-handed GF because of the deadly strike and has a few other nice mods (+life per kill works well with berserk) and if you plan well, you can even hit 9 frames (take a look at Twitchroe, it's the ultimate one-handed berserk armor). But ya, for two-handed, an up'd Steeldriver is awesome. The req's aren't so bad with the -50%, damage is good, and you have decent speed. I threw a shael in mine. But when you factor in speed (9frames) and the damage of Death's Cleaver, Steeldriver pales in comparison, but it IS cheap...

Here's my setup:

1.6k-5.6k (~100% chance to do double damage)
12k AR
3.6k Life
Max block
Max resists
Max PDR
60% FHR
4 frame block (shael increases it by 1 frame)

130 Str (+20 Arreats, +20 IK Gloves, +10 Twitchroe)
85 Dex (+20 Arreats, +20 Frost, +20 IK Gloves, +10 Twitchroe)
+Vit

Death Cleaver - ED
Stormshield - Shael

2x Warcry (3x Fal runes - +30 str)

Up'd Arreats - PR/IAS
Highlords
Twitchroe - FR/IAS
IK Gloves
Nature's Peace
Raven Frost
Verdungo's Cord
IK Boots