• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

best amazon for 1.11?

nameee

Aug 13, 2005
best amazon for 1.11?

hello!

i played diablo years ago, with no expansion and now i want to start playing again with lord of destruction and the last patch.
after reading many guides and messages in this forum i still have lots of questions.
looks like bowzons are no longer so good, many guides use javazons, and i don't know anything about it.

i would like to know if there is a guide for 1.11, i want a amazon to play in hell levels with no problems, only PVM! no pvp!!
since im going to start from the beginning it would be nice to have a guide that doesn't require really good items.

thanks for your time!

sunami

Banned
Jun 27, 2003
Visit site
there were no changes in skills or gear (some bug fixes and a lame runeword or two) between 1.10 and 1.11 so you can follow any of the guides for 110. Lc, Lf,an alternate elemental attack, a little ga for bosses, point or two in the passives, and a valk and obviously get the best weapon you can afford and there you are. a mini guide for pvm.

lone_wolf

Jun 25, 2003
sweden
well the expansion brough a lot of new things to sanctuary
(that is the name of the world diablo 1, diablo 2 and the expansion take place in for those that dont know) so you have alot to find out.

As sunami said more or less nothing changed from 1.10 to 1.11 so those guides are useful to read. The only thing that has changed really is that you no longer can expect the bone prison charges from the morrowwalk boots to synergize with the CTC bonespear on a brand bow.

good luck:thumbsup:

nameee

Aug 13, 2005
thanks for the replies

i know i know 1.11 is (almost) the same as 1.10. i just wanted to know what's the best amazon to use in hell pvm

thanks

im going to read all the guides over again and try to see if i can get something

lone_wolf

Jun 25, 2003
sweden
well if you want to do hell with minimal amounts of trouble a hybrid betwwwen the bow and java skills are probebly the best bet.
A strafe/lightning fury zon is a good all rounder who pack alot of punch as well. Only problem areas are probebly PI/LI and bosses.
But the guides goes more in to detail about the pros and cons of the different zons, as well as strategy you can use to handle those problem areas in the game.