• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Beast question

Naja

Feb 15, 2005
Beast question

Now that 1.11 is out, and supposedly items can't give skills to character classes that don't have them, does this mean that Beast won't give you a Fanaticism aura anymore?

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
1) Beast never gave you the Fanatism skill; it has always had the aura on the item
2) None of the oskills and related stuff has changed; 1.11 is a simple bugfix release

EDIT: 2) is interesting because this rubbish creeps up all over the place. I guess it came from the "let's guess what the patch does"-pre-patch rumors and somehow got stuck...

willyspuddle

Jul 18, 2003
You may have misread bugfixes. What is fixed is items that give charges no longer synergize if 0 points are applied. For example Marrowalk boots gave synergies because of the 30 to bone prision charges, if you put no skill into it. Basically you got a useable boneshield,wall,spear for free. Same as rabies druid got free synergy if using carion ring as it was lvl17 poison creeper charged. However both these items grant that skill to any char that wears it in 1.11.

Clear as mud?

Naja

Feb 15, 2005
So, long story short, my Skellies will benefit in 1.11 from a Fanaticism aura if I have a Beast weapon?