• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Avenger Advice needed!

atiari

Aug 1, 2005
Ossineke
Avenger Advice needed!

I need an idea of what I should be wearing from around level 30-50ish. I'm in mostly rare gear right now, with the exception of Isenhart's sword and armor. Yes yes, I know. Awful. If I could find a decent 5 socket 1 handed weapon, I'd make "honor" as I have the runes, but I'm not quite done with normal yet (just completed the rescue mission in act 5), so going to act 1 nightmare and getting a socketed weapon there is a no go.

Rane-

Apr 23, 2004
Sydney, Australia
If you can get hold of a Nightsmoke your life should become THAT much easier (or a Merc with an Insight polearm.)

Kings Grace, Steel, and Strength are all great weapons early and I sometimes use them through nightmare if I can't get hold of an honour. If all else fails a 6sckt crystal/dimensional sword with IthIthIthIthIthIth is what I use to a fairly good effect. The absolute best weapon is a civerbs cudgel, that thing owns. It's like a windforce you can use at lvl9 or something, all the way through Hell.

As for other gear, generic stuff that's pretty good such as Stealth armour, Treads of Cython boots, crafted caster helm, crafted blood gloves, crafted blood rings, crafted blood amy, crafted blood belt is my usual lvling gear. Steelclash for pallys. With the stuff I've just lizard I can normally get halfway through Hell :thumbsup:.

atiari

Aug 1, 2005
Ossineke
Rane- said:
If you can get hold of a Nightsmoke your life should become THAT much easier (or a Merc with an Insight polearm.)

Kings Grace, Steel, and Strength are all great weapons early and I sometimes use them through nightmare if I can't get hold of an honour. If all else fails a 6sckt crystal/dimensional sword with IthIthIthIthIthIth is what I use to a fairly good effect. The absolute best weapon is a civerbs cudgel, that thing owns. It's like a windforce you can use at lvl9 or something, all the way through Hell.

As for other gear, generic stuff that's pretty good such as Stealth armour, Treads of Cython boots, crafted caster helm, crafted blood gloves, crafted blood rings, crafted blood amy, crafted blood belt is my usual lvling gear. Steelclash for pallys. With the stuff I've just lizard I can normally get halfway through Hell :thumbsup:.

I wasn't that impressed with Civerb's Cudgel, so I sold it :( The damage was low and the stats sucked. However I do plan on making Honor if I can get a 5 socket weapon. That's what sucks about adding sockets from the quest in act 5. You can't specify how many, and I just know I won't get 5. I'll either get 3 or 6. I'll make the caster helm though, as I have access to tons of pgems.