• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

ATMA isn't letting me into my barb!

abarlament

Aug 4, 2005
WV
ATMA isn't letting me into my barb!

All otehr characters are opened fine. I was using my barb to kill Hell Countess, ran out of stash room, so I muled some stuff to my ATMA stash and went back and killed her some more. Now when I try to open him in ATMA it says some of the data may be corrupt! What's going on and how can I fix it?

TheWormishOne

May 10, 2005
Oslo, Norway
abarlament said:
All otehr characters are opened fine. I was using my barb to kill Hell Countess, ran out of stash room, so I muled some stuff to my ATMA stash and went back and killed her some more. Now when I try to open him in ATMA it says some of the data may be corrupt! What's going on and how can I fix it?

This may be obvious, but did you pick up one of the new special keys in 1.11 (The Countess drops the first one)? If this is indeed the case, your character will still be loadable in the game. Either drop the key on the ground so it's destroyed when you save and quit (it serves no purpose in SP anyway), or download RTB's fix (which is linked to somewhere in the stickied ATMA thread.)

If you did not pick up such a key, or this is 1.10, then try FodderCannoned's suggestion and cross your fingers.

abarlament

Aug 4, 2005
WV
Oh, wasn't aware ATMA didn't allow keys, I picked it up because I wasn't clear if I could do it or not. I'll just throw it away, thanks!