• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Anyone tried this?

bruthor

Jul 3, 2005
Norway
Anyone tried this?

I was just thinking of a possible build.
Skills: Frost nova 20
orb 20
blizzard 20
CM 20
rest: one pointers and as much as possible to ice bolt

You will have a spammable nova, a OK blizz and a snergized orb.

Have no idea how it works, and I realise its not a total uber build, but is it any good. Is FN any good for pvp?

And I remember a screenshot I saw some years ago with a FN covering almost the whole screen. Does it increase radius with levels, or is it always like nova?

SAMTRON

Nov 15, 2004
Stockholm
I seriously doubt u would be able to do any dmg whatsoever in hell, considering a blizzard without maxed synergies is worthless, frost nova is worthless in hell and the orb takes hours to kill em in hell. Would work in nm tho

Epsilon Eyez

Feb 17, 2005
Cally Fahnia
awesome.atspace.org
The best attack there is Frozen Orb. Blizzard isn't viable without at least 50 or so skill points into it. Frost Nova isn't viable past Normal, even with maxed synergies. Basically, the build is too weak, the points aren't focused enough on synergies (which are important for most skills with them).

Frozen Orb + Nova sorc would actually be a lot better, the Nova is spammable as well and does loads more damage, while Frozen Orb is just its plain old self. Still, it is quite hard to use and get the required gear. Gear should focus on Nova, since Frozen Orb is viable enough on its own.

bruthor

Jul 3, 2005
Norway
I realise sorceresses like extreme damage, but a spammable area of effect attack doing more than 1 k is enough. I did that with a lausy necro once. You reach that with +25 skills for FN. And frozen orb weak. NO WAY! It kills at a decent speed in hell. But frozen orb hs a casting delay and nova can be spammed in the mean time.

I am not asking if it is a great char, but if it is possible. Fully synergized orb is enough for pvm anyway. Is it any good for pvp?

And blizz is a great skill. This one deals exactly 1/3 of a pure blizzard sorc

Can someone please answer to the question about radius for frost nova?

amphrosyne

Jul 20, 2005
frozen orb is pretty good in pvp but easily negated in pubs. frost nova wont stand a chance in pvp.

bruthor

Jul 3, 2005
Norway
Guess I will be making one to prove that you're aaaal wrong...

...Then I crawl away in shame when I realise you were right :lol: