• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Anybody know the threat value of Urdars?

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
Anybody know the threat value of Urdars?

I want to try using them in an Uber boss killing strategy and I'm wondering if the ranged magic attacks will favor them over me.

RTB

Jun 21, 2003
Dimension of Numbers
By far most monsters are at 10, including Blunderbore-type monsters. Inanimate monsters have lower. Player minions, Superuniques, Vampires and monsters that can resurrect have a threat value higher than 10. Act bosses are at 14 btw :)

Caerbannog

Jul 5, 2004
The Cave of Caerbannog
RTB said:
Close, but not quite. AFAIK it used primarily for minions and mercs to decide which monster they should attack.

Yep, though I'm pretty sure that at some point Diablo and Baal check your geographical location and attack you if you're from Finland >:/ They're always after me :p

Fluffballer

May 4, 2005
It seems to me this works when monsters pick players to attack also. Is it based on who does the most damage? I notice this most easily when a party is huddled around one boss.