• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

And you thought YOU were addicted...

Mal

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
And you thought YOU were addicted...

New story in the news about a South Korean who collapsed and died after a 49 hour marathon starcraft session. And we thought WE were hardcore. All of a sudden I'm not in as much of a rush to get my new char to lvl 99.

zxc_cxz

Dec 18, 2004
Ontario Canada
www.myspace.com
Mal said:
New story in the news about a South Korean who collapsed and died after a 49 hour marathon starcraft session. And we thought WE were hardcore. All of a sudden I'm not in as much of a rush to get my new char to lvl 99.
Thats not new.. I've known about that for a few years.. yeah apparently he played 49 hours straight, went up to go to the bathroom and collasped. Perhaps 49 hours is a little too extreme.. I mean, what do you get from playing a RTS for 49 hours straight anyways?

Mal

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
The news sources are reporting this as a new story. Perhaps 49 is the magic number, if indeed it is the second time this has happened.

ADSL

Jun 22, 2003
Denmark
Visit site
I read it to be 50 hours somewhere, but yeah this just happened, sadly not the first time.....

Well ive played computer for 50 hours straight before, but i took time to eat stuff while doing so, he didnt.

NeoHydragn

Jul 2, 2005
Minnesota
A few years ago there was a guy in a town about 200 miles south of Soeul who died after an 89 hour gaming marathon. He's the guy who went to the bathroom and got deeds.

Different times, different guys, different events.

soj ft nr nt

Banned
Jun 26, 2005
Valar-Wrath said:
I just heard about a couple that went to a WoW gaming event thing and forgot about their child. When they got home, the poor kid was dead. :(

Wasn't that a month or two ago?