• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Ancients bug?

Spheron

Mar 19, 2005
The Netherlands
www.spheron.nl
Ancients bug?

Hi,

I defeated the Ancients with a party today on hell. I created the game, so the quest was there etc. After we defeated the last ancient, the quest was done, but I did not get a level up... Anyone knows about this problem?

The quest is done, and I can join baalruns etc... but still, I would like to have that level up anyway (perhaps now I can get it when Im lvl 98?? :lol:

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
Spheron said:
The quest is done, and I can join baalruns etc... but still, I would like to have that level up anyway (perhaps now I can get it when Im lvl 98?? :lol:

If I'm reading this correctly, you are very high level?

Ancients give a fixed amount of experience.

That amount is capped to at most one level, but it isn't extended to give you a level up. If it's not enough to reach the next level, then that's it.

EDIT: on the positive side, since you didn't even get a level up you got 100% of the reward. Most people get far less because of the cap...

Spheron

Mar 19, 2005
The Netherlands
www.spheron.nl
Myrakh-2 said:
If I'm reading this correctly, you are very high level?

Ancients give a fixed amount of experience.

That amount is capped to at most one level, but it isn't extended to give you a level up. If it's not enough to reach the next level, then that's it.

Well, to tell the truth, I'm level 78. It could be that I just got a bunch of xp, don't know that :clap:

I think that's it, thank you!

Myrakh-2

Jun 23, 2004
flyff.cable.nu
I don't know the numbers, but I would have assumed that lvl 78 isn't that high... however, someone who actually cares about exp numbers would have to comment on that.

I think it's unlikely that there is a bug --- I don't think any recent changes affect the Ancients quest, and it's a very simple quest in terms of coding since it doesn't involve reward items and stuff like that.

So I would be more inclined to assume you missed the level up :lol:

Fluffballer

May 4, 2005
Level 78 is right about the time you don't get enough for a full level from the ancients (which works out well, because that's almost always when I reach them). One time I killed them and filled almost all my exp. bar but didn't get the level. I went over and picked up my dead body and boom-- got enough experience back to level.

amphrosyne

Jul 20, 2005
yeah ancients give fixed exp but it bypasses lvl restric to exp so its good to wait if ur grushed