• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

an introduction...

absufan

Aug 8, 2005
an introduction...

Hello,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking these forums for the last week or so... and learning a ton. I've started playing D2:LoD again recently and have been playing SP primarily. Last night I ventured onto bnet and confirmed that I just cannot play with just anyone... maybe players like Ilikefatchicks (and he liked to tell you about it graphically too...) or Yomofo had personality issues that contributed to that? <ponders>

Anyways... thanks for all the great info. It has been extremely helpful to me.

Humphrey

Jul 5, 2005
Nottingham, UK
Welcome to the forums! People here arrange MP games, see the MP thread, they tend to be decent people so you probably won't get them graphically describing their sexual fantasies, unless you ask of course!

logger120

Dec 28, 2004
Atlanta
welcome to the wonders of the SPF. if you like to play in parties check out the weekly MP games sticky. im sure you'll find better personalities than ilikefatchicks (i can only imagine). read the FAQs and protect your shins.

whomhead

Jun 26, 2003
Monterey, CA
Visit site
Welcome to the SPF!

Be sure to check out the stickied FAQs. They're full of great info about the forum and the game.

Also, tell us some more about yourself; what sort of chars do you play, how long have you been playing, how old are ya, what do you do? That sort of stuff. We like to know who we're talking to.

lasagnaman

Jul 11, 2003
Visit site
Welcome! Yes, I agree, cattle.netters tend to have... rather peculiar personalities... :rolleyes:

As many other forumites have already mentioned, read the FAQ's, check out the MP games in the stickied thread, wear these *hands you Sigon's Mystic Shin-Guards*, be wary of The Squid, and tell us more about yourself!

Kefir-Tribe

Apr 9, 2004
Welcome to the SPF. Not all people at bnet are bad/weird. I've friends who play/played there.

DuesNox

Jun 22, 2003
New Hampshire
Kefir-Tribe said:
Welcome to the SPF. Not all people at bnet are bad/weird. I've friends who play/played there.

Of course not, the ones who aren't just haven't discovered us yet. :)

Anyway, welcome to the SPF.

absufan

Aug 8, 2005
Thank you for the warm welcome!

More about myself...

I'm 32, single father to a 7yr old son, and live in Dallas, Texas. I love my kid, my dog, my motorcycles and my gaming =)

I first started playing D2 around a few weeks after release. I played for a while on bnet with friends until some time after LoD came out. I think I stopped around the time Dark Age of Camelot came out.

I currently have:

a Druid who is elemental/summon focused. I have had alot of fun bowling the mobs down with that molten boulder. It was a blast until I couldn't kill Duriel. I parked him, gave the little bit of MF items he had to my next character...

a Necromancer who is around 38 and just killed Diablo after a dozen tries or so... I forgot how tough bosses could be with a summoning necro. I think I'm going to augment him with some poison skills to help him kill and slow monster regen later.

so I started a Barbarian... to try and recreate my old whirlwind leap attack barb I used to love. Melee in /players8 can be difficult at times...

so now I'm trying to make a "meteorb" MF sorc to gear my guys. She was really tough at first... I backed the settings down to /players7 to make it a tad easier and it's starting to get fun now that i'm getting some AE spells.

I didn't a MP thread, that sounds like it could be fun. I miss playing with others at times, but enjoy being able to keep my stuff with ATMA and not have to worry about the character being deleted if I take a long break again.

Jason
<puts on the shin guards>

Humphrey

Jul 5, 2005
Nottingham, UK
absufan said:
a Necromancer who is around 38 and just killed Diablo after a dozen tries or so... I forgot how tough bosses could be with a summoning necro. I think I'm going to augment him with some poison skills to help him kill and slow monster regen later.

Bosses shouldn't be hard with a summon necro in normal and nightmare, just decrep them. Normal Diablo is definatly the worst though, he kept killing all my skellies in one attack!

absufan

Aug 8, 2005
Humphrey said:
Bosses shouldn't be hard with a summon necro in normal and nightmare, just decrep them. Normal Diablo is definatly the worst though, he kept killing all my skellies in one attack!

That's basically what happened to my mages and golem, but my fighters lasted a few spells. So I just kept running the level and trying him until I had gained 2 more levels and pulled it off. However, even my successful kill included porting out to replenish my army twice.

Part of my problem with my toons is that I do not spend my points unless I find I'm weak in an area. If I need more mana... more life... can't put an item on... etc... I raised the level of my skeletons ( 3 in skels, 1 in mastery) twice during those dozen attempts... if nothing else the Sanctuary got easier each time ;)

I also dropped a point into bone spear and found an item granting me bone spirit. I spammed those inbetween AmpDmg curses while my bones were chiping away at big D.

Jason

water_moon

Jul 19, 2004
IL, USA
Welcome! Enjoy your say here and this goodie basket of baked goods.
*checks the FAQ warnings* umm; *the shin kicking* guards, good enough; *EMB invite* missed that one, stop on by the EMB! *more about the self* oho, I went to college in the DFW area, Irving to be exact. Yep, you're covered, try to avoid running amuck, otherwise, have fun :thumbsup:

absufan

Aug 8, 2005
water_moon said:
Welcome! Enjoy your say here and this goodie basket of baked goods.
*checks the FAQ warnings* umm; *the shin kicking* guards, good enough; *EMB invite* missed that one, stop on by the EMB! *more about the self* oho, I went to college in the DFW area, Irving to be exact. Yep, you're covered, try to avoid running amuck, otherwise, have fun :thumbsup:

What's the deal with the shin guards?

What is the EMB?

J

PsionicAngel

Jun 23, 2003
Heaven
Visit site
We used to have a a dedicated crew here at the SPF who's job was to kick newcomers in the shins...Never really understood why they were doing that, though. They are far less active these days. The growing base of newcomers coming in these days must have demoralized them....

The EMB is the SPF bar, go in there to relax, have a good drink and enjoy.