• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Almost time to revive my 1.07 necro...

sirpoopsalot

May 24, 2005
dranking tequila
Almost time to revive my 1.07 necro...

... and I've got a few questions. I think they're pretty simple actually, I'm just too lazy to dig for the answers.

1. Are Iron Golem's persistent across multiple sessions now? I got the impression that in 1.10 if I save and exit, he'll still be around next time I start the game. That would be very cool, and make me it worthwhile to use my spare IK maul to create him.

2. If I drop something in the maul's sockets before creating my IK iron golem, will he get those benefits as well? If so, any suggestions?

3. If he's created from an ethereal weapon, does he get higher damage?

Thanks in advance.

Blascid

Jan 7, 2005
sirpoopsalot said:
3. If he's created from an ethereal weapon, does he get higher damage?

Thanks in advance.

I know if he's crated from an Ethereal item-he looks like one..A Fade(Assassin) effect. Therefore, I'm guessing they do get the higher damage/defense, come to think of it-I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere..

EDIT: 3. Yes

sirpoopsalot

May 24, 2005
dranking tequila
wow, how often do you ask 3 questions and have the answers be what you want? :lol:

As for sockets, I'll look through my jewels to see if I have an abundance of anything useful, otherwise I'm thinking just a couple of PEmeralds (since he's not a quick killer the poison will help prevent/slow monster healing).

Thanks again.

Blascid

Jan 7, 2005
sirpoopsalot said:
..a couple of PEmeralds (since he's not a quick killer the poison will help prevent/slow monster healing)

Depends upon what his action will be-if just as a tank, it seems like a pretty good idea.

sirpoopsalot said:
2. If I drop something in the maul's sockets before creating my IK iron golem, will he get those benefits as well? If so, any suggestions?

If this is 1.07 play as the title indicates, the IK Maul doesn't come with a
socket (let alone 2) and it would not be worth the cost of wasting a
socketing quest for an Iron Golem imo.