• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Alittle help for a wind druid

Wish

May 13, 2005
Alittle help for a wind druid

1.)iam having a little problem about the str and dex stat points, i been reading post and some say dont add str or add alittle,, dont add dex, but you need dex if you want max block,, or go all vit, so what should i do with my stat points

2.) this is my pvp wind druid build
weapons-Hoto/Cta
sheild-Ss
armor-Enigma
helm-Jala's
gloves-trang's
boots-trek's
belt-Arch
rings-Bk/still looking for another ring
ammy-still looking for one
Charms-still looking for them

so to use any of these items i will have to waste some str/dex points,
plus are any of these items good for a pvp windy, or would you change any thing...

thxz for your time...

amphrosyne

Jul 20, 2005
1. its all preference whether to go max block or not. if block build, get enough dex for 75 block and rest into vit. for non block all vit. you should have enough strength through enigma. if ur not rich enough for torch or anni and rings/ammy with str, get enough str to use ur heaviest equip which seems to be ss.

2. those items are decent enough but you will have pathetic life and damage due to the lack of charms. There are too many better items so i wont say what i would change in that except the major problems. you should aim for 99 fcr bp so you need like 20 more.

foh pally

Aug 5, 2004
I was facing this problem when I made my druid too. I followed my buddy advice, Instead of blockin put a pt or 2 into one of the wolves, after all your plus skills, You should end up with all 5 wolves, for a druid these act like bone shield for a necro, especially with tele. i only have like 107 dex (mostly from items i believe) Put just enough pts into str after confiquring your bonuses from what gear you can wear, for the rest of your gear. Put the rest into vit/energy(more into vit obviously) I use all the same equip you do except for hoto(i use wizzy cause i haven't been able to trade for hoto yet) And my base vit is like 800 after boin and spirit i got 2.3k hp.

GkT

Banned
Jul 30, 2005
Try to aim for 99 FCR and 99 FHR (Correct). Also, you can -Req/Mod Jewel that SS so it takes 133 Str. Then you should be fine.

foh pally

Aug 5, 2004
GkT said:
Try to aim for 99 FCR and 99 FHR (Correct). Also, you can -Req/Mod Jewel that SS so it takes 133 Str. Then you should be fine.
Fhr yes with fcr you should aim for 75 fcr breakpt, the next breakpt is 125 so havin 99 fcr would be ptless when you could have items with other useful mods on them. You should be fine with magefists, hoto, and arachs, unless you have some nice rares with fcr and plus to skills that will allow you to reach the 125 bp and survive.

amphrosyne

Jul 20, 2005
foh pally said:
Fhr yes with fcr you should aim for 75 fcr breakpt, the next breakpt is 125 so havin 99 fcr would be ptless when you could have items with other useful mods on them. You should be fine with magefists, hoto, and arachs, unless you have some nice rares with fcr and plus to skills that will allow you to reach the 125 bp and survive.

please stop giving advice...the next bp is 163 and there is no 75 bp. ur talking about pally/nec which isnt the case.

your flawed suggestion to put into vit/energy is insensible as stats are like this and always liek this for a windy druid.

Non-block: enough str/dex for equip, rest vit
block: enough str for equip, enough dex for block, rest vit

2.3k life with oak is pathetic -> less than an average es sorc on east with no oak

-Ferro-

Jun 25, 2003
Around my PC, actually.
Visit site
Blocking is a must in the case you plan to duel any melee char or amazon. With no blocking you just can face casters.

My advice, try to get 60% blocking at minimum with stormshield. For this, when you need blocking, u can use some extra dex gear (shadows, raven, amy with dex...) to get up to 60% blocking. Is not big dex invest and will help you a lot.

Wolves (minions) can save you from one hit or two, but youll find yourself diying so much vs barbs and pallies, very common chars.

For pvm, with no blocking you will have a bad time too.