• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Affordable options for getting 325% resists?

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
Affordable options for getting 325% resists?

I've been trying to come up with some good but mid-game affordable options for cranking up the resists on a summoner to the point where a summoner can still be assured full resists in the face of a maxed conviction aura. Here's what I'm looking at.

Um'd Nightwing's Veil 65% all (not easy to find but tradeable, I think - Uber Trio may have cranked up the value of this item)
Wizard Spike 75% all
Homonculus with P-Diamond 59% all
Um'd Vipermagi 45-50% all

That's 244-249 right there. Still around 76-80% to go. This is easily done with charms and magic/rare boots, belts, and gloves in my experience and you can prebuff minions with good gear while still having space for a +2 all necro amulet to keep your skills decent for the big fight. This will leave you with +5 to all and +7 for curses not counting any skillers you might have. The expensive part will be getting your hands on a Wisp Projector with 13% or higher absorb. This will make you lightning immune. A Dwarf Star is much more easily found and traded and will grant fire immunity. I don't worry as much about cold because minions can block those attacks. Poison may be an issue but antidotes can handle that.

I think I'm being a bit optimistic on Nightwing's Veil being affordable at midgame. It's value has probably gone up considerably now that the Uber Trio are one of the build viability goals. Still, Circlets with resist all up to 30 are possible and magic ones can have two sockets if you get lucky on a larzuk. A rare circlet with +2 all necro and the resists would probably be more ideal, however.

Dad Daniel

May 7, 2005
Sofia
As far as i now such thing as "immunity to certain attack/damage type" is not achievable by any character.

EDIT: Nightwing's weil 65%All res - what is this item??The original NW helm is:

Defense: 218.5-352 (Base Defense: 114-159)
Required Level: 67
Required Strength: 96
Durability: 40
+90-120% Enhanced Defense (varies)
+2 To All Skills
+8-15% To Cold Skill Damage (varies)
+10-20 To Dexterity (varies)
+5-9 Cold Absorb (varies)
Half Freeze Duration
Requirements -50%

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
Oops. Sorry. Veil of steel. Same Helm type and both have Veil in the name. Apologies for the confusion. If you have 15% absorb and 70% resists the absorb blocks and heals for a total of 30 more. It seems pretty instantaneous but if that remaining 15% is still powerful enough to kill you it may do just that. It always seemed like immunity to me though when I was pubby dueling people.

DevilsWrath

Aug 29, 2004
some useful items u neglected:
Perf Um kiras 80% res all, cant be frozen
Coh 65% resist
Perf Sanc 70% resist
anni 20% resist
Maras 30% resist
Skill Quests 30% resist
Those are just some quick examples of resist items you can get later on, but I have no idea on the mid game ones, you look to be doing good with that by what you have listed. As for you need to use these massive resists, why do you need this much resistance. If you load your summoner with massive resistances it will make your summons weak due to lack of +skills.

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
I'm thinking that skeletons and mages are toast anyway. My approach would be to keep my necro safe from those deadly magic attacks and use CE and Revives to take on the big three while relying on an initial volley from the soon-to-be deceased poison mages to kill their insane regen rate for several minutes. But yeah, I was focusing on items I might be able to get within weeks of ladder play rather than months. There could still be some room for skillers if I got nice enough charms and some decent magic/rare boots and gloves (although Trang's would be nice upping curse duration). I'm just not sure the revives will kill the regular monsters fast enough and I doubt the merc will last very long either.

Also, apparently revives will only become immune to two resists according to some AB people. I hope they're wrong.

cassurai

Oct 18, 2003
Pherdnut said:
Um'd Nightwing's Veil 65% all

I think I'm being a bit optimistic on Nightwing's Veil being affordable at midgame.

Assuming that you meant Veil of Steel, you'll need 192 strength to wear this. That is without doubt the highest strength requirement I've heard of save for maybe Sacred Armors. Unless you want to make your Summoner a pure Uber killer and nothing else, I would most definitely go for the other option you suggested for the helm slot, that is, some kind of rare circlet then slap on another rare/magical resist ammy or something, or just try your best to trade for Kira's.

Pherdnut

Sep 13, 2004
Right now my wealth consists of a 20% MF Nagel Ring, a pair of Magefists, a Lore bone helm, and almost 2 pgems. :D But yeah after a 2-4 weeks I expect to be able to get a lot of this stuff.