• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Advice needed

akashmb

Aug 7, 2005
Advice needed

Hi

i got a lvl 72 sorc (meorb using the build guide here), its got about 150% mf and the equip is really crap, i mean REALLY crap

I want to know how someone with absolutely nothing at all (like when the ladder resets) you go abotu finding stuff?

I keep dying in nm but i still managed to do about 100 meph runs and about 50 countess runs, none of them give anything useful at all. most of it is repeating stuff which makes the game as such boring.

I want to do baal runs (though i don get much exp from it anymore), but there aren't many games around i myself cant tele since i die before i get there! :rant:

i even tried to kill baal in nm to go to hell but i died 23 times before i gave up.

i'm in europe server, could someone help/advise me (acc name *ult-dhruv).

lonnie913

Sep 25, 2003
Visit site
giving a listing of where you put your stat points, your skill points, and what your equipment is. how much mana, life, and resistances do you have? the truth is, a maxed frozen orb with a decent cold mastery is usually enough to get through nightmare.

sword

Aug 6, 2005
The fact that you have problems tele'ing is probably due to the fact that your +%fcr is much too low. I've learned from various mephisto and baal runs that fcr is the ultimate threshold between dying and staying alive to reach the destination. Also, it helps that, when you teleport, you don't have any sort of computer lag. Otherwise, say goodbye to those souls and stygian dolls :(. As far as equipment is concerned, I wouldn't go around in my mf gear. When I go fighting things, I use all of the best equipment i can get. I have crappy gear but , so far, I've found out I can solo hell acts1 and 2. I do die a few times, but that is for lack of a stormshield and +life, +%mana equipment/charms. My equipment make it much easier, however.

IIRC:
Level 79

20 orb
8 CM
20 meteor
20 fireball
9 fire mastery
(1 into things such as teleport, telekinesis, static field and synergies)

Also, my equipment gives +3 to skills and i have a 14/15/11% ormus [thank you hell mephisto :clap:] (although for teleporting I use the 5% more FCR on stealth to my advantage). My resistances are barely on par, but somewhat close to 0%. Kind of funny that, even with all of that, I can still handle hell well. I also just found a nice switch orb with 3 eshield (and some into thunderstorm for fun xP).

I think if you put real gear, instead of MF gear on, you can handle it and then apply the MF gear after reaching mephisto :D.

akashmb

Aug 7, 2005
lvl 72

my stats are:

str-105
dex-60
vit-130
ene-145

equip:

weapon- demon heart
shield- lance guard
helm- (just a custom mf helm with def 31, mf=48%)
boots-brimstone (has 23% mf)
gloves- corpse hold 23% mf
rings-15% mf ring and 9% mf (nothing great)
amu- 15% mf
belt- artic belt
armour- artic (together with belt gives 40% mf)

total defence is around 550

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
akashmb said:
lvl 72

my stats are:

str-105
dex-60
vit-130
ene-145

equip:

weapon- demon heart
shield- lance guard
amu- 15% mf
belt- artic belt

Did I just see 0% Faster Cast Rate? :eek: How do you possibly tele with this thing? Try getting items which actually give you some faster cast rate. You will see the difference.

lonnie913

Sep 25, 2003
Visit site
akashmb said:
lvl 72

my stats are:

str-105
dex-60
vit-130
ene-145

equip:

weapon- demon heart
shield- lance guard
amu- 15% mf
belt- artic belt

youre trying too hard to use magic find equipment. this will obviously decrease your chance for survival. assuming this is a first character, you wont have many items but there are a lot of shoppable items that help. if you dying to ranged elemental attacks, a 3 sockets shield with pdiamonds will help. any belt with "of the whale" will help a lot too (easy to shop). i suggest you ditch those ring and amulet and go for something with a bit more to offer defensively (life, resists, mana). 145 points in energy seem ok for now, but when you get good equipment they will be unnecessary (but i guess you cant do anything abou that). as a said before though, max frozen orb with a substantial cold mastery should take care of anything in nightmare realatively easily. if you dont a mercenary, get one. this is very obvious; enemies focus their attention on him instead of you.