• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

Account deleted?

djin

Apr 6, 2005
Account deleted?

I was in a normal game killing baal, as our party did, i watched the vidio ( i havent watched the baal vidio in a long time :p) as the vidio finished when he was going form act 4 - 5 with the picture of the guy and the door opening red.. I got connection interupted, then it said my account was deleted (0), then i got a cd key ban?. ( I dont use any thirdparty programs. ) How come?.

djin said:
I was in a normal game killing baal, as our party did, i watched the vidio ( i havent watched the baal vidio in a long time :p) as the vidio finished when he was going form act 4 - 5 with the picture of the guy and the door opening red.. I got connection interupted, then it said my account was deleted (0), then i got a cd key ban?. ( I dont use any thirdparty programs. ) How come?.

because the world hates you. Actually it was probably because of a certain program you used at one point in time, either that or someone else is using your cd key and using same said program. or possibly blizzard screwed up. in which case good luck trying to get them to admit/fix the problem. other than that neither i or anyone else on this forum can answer that question any more throughly. good day.

semi-OT : Aragorn. do you think we can stick it in the rules somewhere not to post these kinds of threads? or maybe make a stickied thread titled "Get Banned From B.Net" and within it give the same three reasons i gave above?

i apologize if my reply is semi to fully angry, but upon my occasional visit to the community forum i've seen several "OMG I GOTS BANNED" threads on the front page just today. and i think some of the other members are getting annoyed by it as well as myself, and if they're not then i apologize for stepping any boundaries and possibly misrepresenting people.

-Lost

Edit: i may have exaggerated with the "several 'OMG I GOTS BANNED' threads. but the point stays the same, save the front page for people that have actual, helpable legit, problems/comments

and about the below post you're just jealous because she got all the pretty genes.

allensong

Jul 3, 2004
Toronto
it said account was deleted but at the end is it

(0) or (8) ?

(0) prolly means something else other than banned according to ppl who got banned for using a third-party program that got

YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN BANNED (8) or something

Doomazon

Jun 27, 2005
I used maphack in 1.10 and not in 1.11 and I got a cd-key ban. Maybe it could register that you used it at some point with the new patch. I didn't fight it, just moved on to guildwars which is kind of cool but it is not as good as Diablo 2

Swerdlow

Jun 28, 2005
@Doomazon: You probably should not admit you used map hack on these forums, people are hardcore legit here compared to many other forums.

The only way to get account delete/cd key ban is to somehow be tied to hacking. Either you did it, or a friend who had access to your key did. If you got banned from 1.11 "easymap", you'll get your key back in 30 days, unless this was a repeat offence.

I can't believe how many people used easymap. You should hear all the crying from other forums. Netter was so known for trojans/sloppy hacks to begin with...

Doomazon

Jun 27, 2005
I used mousepads maphack cracked in 1.10. I could care less who knows, it is just a game. I did not use maphack in 1.11 though but I have some newer games on ps2 and pc so i see no reason to fight it, $40 or so for 3+ years of game play is good. I'll end up not reading these forums anyhow being that I dont play now. If they ban me for that on the forums at this point it would be a mute issue.

mhl12

Jul 3, 2004
USA
fyi, you can't get banned here for admitting that you use hacks. As long as you don't provide any info/links on where to get them. Also, mods will probably monitor your posts to make sure you don't trade anything because trading items found by any hacks are not allowed here.

Orphan

May 23, 2004
djin said:

I must admit, that threw me off abit. You mention you killed normal baal, but then say that you got a connection interrupted after watching the video, and while the character was going from act 4 to 5. That would mean you killed Diablo, right? :)

djin

Apr 6, 2005
Orphan said:
I must admit, that threw me off abit. You mention you killed normal baal, but then say that you got a connection interrupted after watching the video, and while the character was going from act 4 to 5. That would mean you killed Diablo, right? :)

Heh Orphan yes lol. i went through the portal, watched the vidio, but as soon as the vidio ended i got the connection interrupted... kinda sucked..