• These forum archives have been curated by the community bringing two decades of Diablo 2 knowledge to new players. They are purely for reference and cannot be posted in. Use the main PureDiablo forums for all new conversation.

About to do Uber Tristram Solo, need advice (zealing pally)! der=0

theMetricHaze

Aug 2, 2005
About to do Uber Tristram Solo, need advice (zealing pally)!

Hey, I think this is my first post here, well I've collected 3 Terror/Hate/Destruction Keys 3 times all by myself and luckily I was able to open every single portal. I'm ready to open Uber Tristram to solo but I need advice...I have a level ** Zealing Fant Pally with the following invested into each skill:
20 Fant
20 Zeal
20 Sacrifice
20 Holy Shield
11 Defiance
(and 1 point to all prereqs)

Should I level up and invest 1 point in Salvation just in case? I've heard scary stories of Mephisto.

And I have the following equipment at my expense, but for some I do not know what to use.
Helm- 18% DR Gaze or Shako
Shield- 945 def Exile // Ber'ed HoZ
Armor- 1364 Enigma
Boots- Gores
Belt- Arachnid Mesh or 14% DR Verdungos
Gloves- Dracul's Grasp
Weapon- 396% EBotd Zerker // +6 BO cta
Rings- 2x Raven, Angelic's, 5% BK, 4% BK
Amulet- Angelic's or +23 res Maras

I also have an Anni for more resistance...so my resists all level to -2 in hell mode. Is this good enough to battle meph?

Wish me luck!

DjSlayer

Jun 22, 2003
Down a drain
theMetricHaze said:
Hey, I think this is my first post here, well I've collected 3 Terror/Hate/Destruction Keys 3 times all by myself and luckily I was able to open every single portal. I'm ready to open Uber Tristram to solo but I need advice...I have a level ** Zealing Fant Pally with the following invested into each skill:
20 Fant
20 Zeal
20 Sacrifice
20 Holy Shield
11 Defiance

Should I level up and invest 1 point in Salvation just in case? I've heard scary stories of Mephisto.

And I have the following equipment at my expense, but for some I do not know what to use.
Armor- 1364 Enigma
Boots- Gores
Gloves- Dracul's Grasp

I also have an Anni for more resistance...so my resists all level to -2 in hell mode. Is this good enough to battle meph?

Wish me luck!
You need alot of res to tackle those monsters, especially since meph comes with conviction aura and is LE. You'll be probably dead in 2 seconds.

- D.J.

ediot

Banned
Aug 11, 2003
nl
i tried it too with a pala: same as you have here.

i think perfectly build for tristam..... i though. :rolleyes:

Diablo is easy. 10 seconds and he is down.

mephi is do-able. hard, and u will die few tims but do-able.

i had hardest time with baal. since he is summoning Physical imumes. which u barely hit. and on top of that, there are mana leachers among them.

i needed the help from a berserk baba, to kill those minions, and baal.
best way i can do baal is lure him after you, stand in a corner, and he will come stand next to you. almost no room for the minions, and then...... lets hit. even then i didnt get him down, but gave me the best results.

good luck

vdzele

Jun 23, 2003
Visit site
I would recommend that you invest in vengeance for physical immunes (interesting … what do people think when they start their builds, how would they deal with these monsters?). You needn’t have to invest that much in defiance, having ~ 15000 is quite ok for a regular zealot. But it’s ok if you didn’t; you had planned a build strictly for this case, right? (defiance when PvP; vengeance when PvM) None of these Ubers are immune to physical so …

I had recommended some weapons for a good zealot. Read it carefully. FOLLOW the link I provided (comparative damage analysis here). Personally I think Ebotd would be my 3rd or 4th choice when choosing weapons for Ubers. One thing I have noticed in your gear. You have just a bit of crushing blow and deadly strike (gore riders) which makes your build weak for adventuring these 3 ubers. Know that these 2 modifiers will take most of their hit points. To max your resistances (elemental and physical) is a must (IMO) when dealing the 3 Ubers.

newbiexxx

Mar 20, 2004
theMetricHaze said:

Wish me luck!

-2? this is no good,even meph minions will take u out in one blow.

from ur gear
For baal and Diablo
Helm- 18% DR
Shield- 945 def Exile
Armor- 1364 Enigma
Boots- Gores
Belt- 14% DR Verdungos
Gloves- Dracul's Grasp
Rings- 2x Raven
Amulet- +23 res Maras

for meph
Shield- try getting urself some nice inherent resist on 4 socket paladin sheild,
socket them with pdiamonds(if you can afford then um them)
Gloves- Dracul's Grasp (must)
the rest use the same.

Oh.. almost forget about it, just for ur reference,
my zealot have 1 points in smite and he can solo trist, only
different is that i use grief.

zeal = 5 times hit (not always the intended target, pretty lame if you keep hitting the minons and not the uber)
smite = you always hit ur target (pretty fast in bring down ubers)

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Aug 17, 2003
Hamburg, Germany
-2% to resistances is completely inacceptable, as Meph's conviction aura will turn that into -100%. How does your character survive at all in hell ? You need maximum resists and lots of res on top of that to counter Meph's conviction aura, which will lower your resists by 125% or even 155%.

My zealot has 40-70% excess resists and it was still risky when Meph summons a lot of minions - and he will do that if you hesitate too long. See here for a complete description. In short: Massive excess resists, CB, DR and smite are most important. A big damage weapon is needed for the final blows because CB cuts off a fixed fraction of the current life, not of the maximum life.

Apr 4, 2005
under the stars
-2 resists...you're gona get 1 hit ko'd lol. my own zealot died amazingly fast wth about 40 resist being lowest and 75 the highest. i had to give up his gear, grief draculs anni for my barb now a mule just because of resist problems..

tremak

Jul 3, 2003
Visit site
I've got a zealot who has been managing to hold his own fairly well. Hasn't died to meph yet, but my gear is somewhat... rag tag I guess. I had to switch around alot to find something that could work. This doesn't even begin on the plethora of charms he's carrying. I don't care to count them.

Skills wise he looks much like yours. Definitely put the point in salvation. You need it, and your friends will too.

I've been using Blackhorn's Face for the PMH. Don't know if its helping, but it makes me feel special anyway.

Definitely, Chains of Honor. 200% damage to demons? I think thats what it is, and if so 'tis a boost worth reckoning with. That and a... haha. 65 to all resists? You'll need it Mr. "-2"

Shield was an Um HoZ. Ber is probably fine, I tried to stack resistances as best I could.

In the jewelry department, I think I had Rising Sun on. Don't ask why, I don't know. Raven for the nofreeze, and... probably any kind of leech ring on the other hand. Hmmm.... lets call that baby a rare leech ring and leave it at that.

Otherwise I think I look more or less the same as you do. Smite to cast life tap, then wail away with zeal was what I was doing. Someone with some brains will correct me on all of this, but at least I got to put my two cents in. Stack resistances, use salvation on meph, and you'll be fine.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Aug 17, 2003
Hamburg, Germany
You probably wear Rising Sun for its fire absorb which will be very effective versus Diablo's fire snakes. They consist of many small fires which will be subject to absorb separately IIRC. However, if you can't afford a weapon that's fast enough, Highlord's Wrath might be an option as well. That amulet also adds DS which provides a chance to deal double damage, helping to chop off the last bit of life from the boss after CB+Smite did their work.

lightfast

Banned
Oct 12, 2005
krischan said:
You probably wear Rising Sun for its fire absorb which will be very effective versus Diablo's fire snakes. They consist of many small fires which will be subject to absorb separately IIRC. However, if you can't afford a weapon that's fast enough, Highlord's Wrath might be an option as well. That amulet also adds DS which provides a chance to deal double damage, helping to chop off the last bit of life from the boss after CB+Smite did their work.

hey I'm making a zeal pally too, but I'm not too familiar with them. This one is going to be specificly for fighting uber meph and nothing else. My light sorc can take care of the rest easily (i've tried before) but unfortantely she does nothing to meph. I need to know what the best gear would be to use if it would be built specificly for uber meph, like are there some light absorb things that would be better or something?? Also would I have to use any different skills r something?? pls let me know wat you think

Bert

Apr 18, 2005
Belgium
Alway's use smite, even when you are a zealot, to kill baal. That way you will only hit baal and be able to leech from him.

If you use zeal, you won't hit baal often enough to stay alive.

1 pt. in smith is enough.

Bert

Jun 2, 2004
France
Here is the list of my stuff (Ladder).
I've beaten the 6 über-bosses solo without dying once, without difficulty (especially Tristram was *very* easy) and I was only level 83.

- Guillaume's Face socketed Jewel 15% IAS (will evolve later to UM)
- Magic amulet +1 Strength +30% all resistances
- Fleshripper socketed SHAEL
- Lionheart Archon Plate with crappy def (448 or so)
- 4-Perfect Diamonds grey Zakarum Shield (giving me 104% to all resistances)
- Dracul's Grasp
- Raven Frost
- Thundergod's Vigor
- Dwarf Star
- Goblin Toe
- Some charms in inventory, making approximately 30% to all resistances, and 50% to resist lighning.

- Fade aura from Treachery
- BO/BC from Barbarian (2nd CD key)

So, as you can see, the main point is RESISTANCES ! Give the HIGHEST priority to resistances, and CB/Smite of course. Just my 2 cents :rolleyes:.

Check this thread for full details :
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386491

letosan

Aug 2, 2005
Missouri
Frosty_The_Snowman said:
\So, as you can see, the main point is RESISTANCES ! Give the HIGHEST priority to resistances, and CB/Smite of course. Just my 2 cents :rolleyes:.

I myself give very high priority to resistances with my pally. I have been this way ever since I first started playing way back when. It is important to me to keep high resists because I will survive better that way. I use a GA for this reason. 90% light res just rocks the house:) No absorb for light, but fire and cold absorb keep me more or less alright.

I have not done the Ubers yet, just waiting to collect a few more keys. I hope to get one or two of my friends to help me out. I can deal with the bosses, but the minions I will need to have distracted. I can tear them up, but not both at the same time. Also, I am hoping I dont get my torch jacked by them lol.

AnimeCraze

Jul 13, 2005
Vancouver
theMetricHaze said:
20 Fant
20 Zeal
20 Sacrifice
20 Holy Shield
11 Defiance

Armor- 1364 Enigma
Boots- Gores
Gloves- Dracul's Grasp

Wish me luck!
I had stacked my resist when I got in there. I don't think -2 would do at all. My gear:

Helm- Kira's (ral)
Shield- Pdiamond HoZ
Armor- Dusk Duress
Boots- Gores
Belt- Crederum
Gloves- Dracul's Grasp
Weapon- 2/3 heaven's light (shael skull)
Rings- Raven frost + Carrion Wind (carrion wind is budget issue, I would go for a bk if I have one)
Amulet- Highlords

Only 1.1k life (no good life charms or BO, sad, all crappy life charms like +30 life plain GC), 5k AR, 11k defense and 2k zeal, but have full resists, even under conviction when using salvation (I think). Ignore all target and smite the ubers until they are dead. Your gear also doesn't seem to have enough crushing blow, 15% from gores only? Furthermore, this is cheap too. It took me < 5 minutes to do the whole thing. No anni or torch is used.

Edit: I didn't die in trist at all. The only time that I died is because of IM from those stupid knights in Furnace of Pain.

Edit 2: I think I can use string of ears if meph's conviction is only lvl 20 as people have said it is. My resist should still be stacked enough.

Edit 3: I also have a life-tap wand on switch.

Ado

Mar 11, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Personally I'd swap the dracs with LOH and use a life tap wand on switch. Maybe get a Highlords ammy for the deadly strike and Guils for the extra CB.

Ado

DANIEL3RD

Jul 8, 2003
theMetricHaze said:
20 Fant
20 Zeal
20 Sacrifice
20 Holy Shield
11 Defiance

Armor- 1364 Enigma
Boots- Gores
Gloves- Dracul's Grasp

Wish me luck!

There are three things you definitely need, Resistances, Crushing Blow and Life tap. These can be obtained from various sources. I use the following which although not godly is effective against the 3 ubers. I interchange the rings and amulets depending on which Uber I am engaged with at the time.

Guillames Helm socketed with UM - 35% Crushing blow + 15 all resists

Duress armour – 15% crushing blow + resists 45/15/15/15

Gore Riders – 15% crushing blow (may change these to Goblin Riders 25% crushing blow)

Stone Crusher mallet – 40% crushing blow

Thundergods Vigor belt - +20 lightning absorb

HoZ socketed with UM - +70 all resists

Draculs grasp gloves – 5% to cast lvl 10 life tap

Highlords Wrath amulet – 0-37% deadly strike or

The Rising Sun - 0-74% fire absorb

Atmas Scarab - +75% poison resisit

Dwarf Star - 15% fire absorb

Raven Frost – Cannot be Frozen

Carrion Wind - +55% poison resist

This gives me 105% crushing blow although I think its capped at 95%. So you could change the boots for Sandstorm Trek which provides a further 40-70% poison resist.

Before engaging the Ubers I go to act 1 and look for any poison, fire or lightning resist or defence shrines. The 5 minutes this takes sets the game so I wont lose it if I have to rejoin and I know where the shrines are if I need them. I then open the portal, return to one of the shrines of my choice and then enter Tristram.

I get Meph to chase me so I split him away from Baal and Diablo. Then using charge I run back to Baal and Diablo and fight them first . For those two I wear the Rising Sun, Carrion Wind and Dwarf star. When these are down I replace the Rising Sun and Dwarf Star with Carrion and Highlords. If Meph raises any mages using Poison I wear the Atmas Scarab.

On my right click I use salvation and my left click I use smite.

This system gives me ample resistances and smite damage and has worked well for me up to now. Hope this helps.